Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Funny - I missed these injury rumours completely so when I saw the Watkins tweet from the Villa account I didn't even think anything of it.

I do think people overstate or misremember how often these Twitter rumours are correct. While it's true that when we've had bad injuries it does usually leak out, for every one rumour that's turned out to be true there have been several which haven't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

There’s some really horrible Twitter rumours starting that he has a knee injury and needs surgery. This surely will be the one time when Twitter gets these rumours wrong. It has a very Buendia August 23 feel about it but we can’t be that unlucky.

Regardless of my views on Buendia, this is completely different. Watkins and Martinez are the two players in this squad that cannot get long term injuries otherwise you may as well write the season off now.

Looks to be fine though. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, imavillan said:

knees look good to me

spacer.png

That’s taken just before the injury if you look at his back leg it’s caught on the grass and twisted at an unnatural angle

Spoiler

PS, I just made this up

Spoiler

Or did I ????

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Problem is the 3 mentions will pad their goals with at least 5 penalties each, ollie would have only lost the Golden boot by one goal last season, Palmer scored 22 goals 9 were penalties, Haaland scored 27 with 7 penalties, Isak scored 21 with 5 penalties.
Ollie isn't the 1st person you would put on the sheet for taking a penalty, some players just cant take a good one. Where is is awful with penalties he makes up for with assists (13 last season!) 

46 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Was he taking our penalties in pre-season? Hopefully McGinniesta is taking our pens this season, don't trust ollie from 12 yards at all. 

But you'd trust McGinn? Rather Tielemans I think.

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Was he taking our penalties in pre-season? Hopefully McGinniesta is taking our pens this season, don't trust ollie from 12 yards at all. 

I wouldn't let him take a penalty in soccer aid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Problem is the 3 mentions will pad their goals with at least 5 penalties each, ollie would have only lost the Golden boot by one goal last season, Palmer scored 22 goals 9 were penalties, Haaland scored 27 with 7 penalties, Isak scored 21 with 5 penalties.
Ollie isn't the 1st person you would put on the sheet for taking a penalty, some players just cant take a good one. Where is is awful with penalties he makes up for with assists (13 last season!) 

why shouldnt penalties be included though? Surely in your example some players also cant head the ball well, or finish well on their wrong foot. We dont exclude those goals?

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

why shouldnt penalties be included though? Surely in your example some players also cant head the ball well, or finish well on their wrong foot. We dont exclude those goals?

I didn't say that? I said IF they wasn't. I think its pretty outstanding from Ollie to score 19 goals and no penalties, add in his assists and he was the complete forward last season.

But players like Palmer & Haaland will always score more goals as their teams get a penalty every couple of games, where other teams get denied stone wall penalties. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â