Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, zak said:

Either he had to drop Kane or he had to change tactics/drop foden. Kane needs runners.

Southgate said himself that "We've not got Kane to the right level" this tourny, or words to that effect. So why is he starting every game? Criminal.

6 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Can't agree. I don't think there is a single manager in the world who drops his captain and the best goalscorer in the history of your country from a final.

You can argue with the style of play(or the lack of it) but not with the decision to play Kane ahead of Ollie.

I think the intensity of football means that teams can’t just rely on a flash of brilliance from great players anymore regardless of what they’ve done. Paul McGrath and Ledley King type players just don’t exist in today’s game.

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Gutted for him, because he seems the type to relive those missed chances. I'm not getting at him, just highlighting the fact, if he does have a fault, it sometimes that heavy first touch.

He said in a podcast recently, that in the past he would focus on those moments, but he now has a sport psychologist and he has learnt to put them behind him.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He said in a podcast recently, that in the past he would focus on those moments, but he now has a sport psychologist and he has learnt to put them behind him.

I believe the mange credited with this was rightly Unai in an after match interview after he’d scored and we won, which was fairly recently, Deano was also on the tele box for that game. The closeness between them was very apparent  UTV!!!!!

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Easier said than done, in my experience. No doubt, more memorable moments in the future will put ghosts of the past to bed, let's just hope there's not too many haunting moments. 

On 12/07/2024 at 14:58, mjmooney said:

<cough> 

Wow, bringing up a quote from 4 years ago.

I still say my evaluation at the time was spot on actually. 

He's really developed under Emery, he had actually gone backwards from Smith to under Gerrard in all honesty

16 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Can't agree. I don't think there is a single manager in the world who drops his captain and the best goalscorer in the history of your country from a final.

You can argue with the style of play(or the lack of it) but not with the decision to play Kane ahead of Ollie.

Kane as Captain should have put the team ahead of himself, that’s what a proper captain would do. It’s actually embarrassing for both him and the idiot in charge that he was allowed to play as many minutes as he did.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

just popped by to say  my mother who was very ill  i put it on this thread the other day has now passed away yesterday evening massive villa fan  her dad was given tthe chance to play for us but parent stopped him over money pleae keep us in your thoughts thanks beachboy

My condolences for your loss BB1 and prayers are with you and your family I’m sure from the greater Villa family. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

just popped by to say  my mother who was very ill  i put it on this thread the other day has now passed away yesterday evening massive villa fan  her dad was given tthe chance to play for us but parent stopped him over money pleae keep us in your thoughts thanks beachboy

That’s very sad news mate, you and your family are in our thoughts at this difficult and sad time HEITS UTV!!!!!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

That's awfully sad news. I'm very sorry for your loss mate.

• Like 1

I hope that you and the rest of your family find some comfort by the fact that your Mom was part of the wider Villa family and a.wayswill be there. There are plenty of HEITS waiting to greet her, including of others too. Have a drink for her tonight amd if you ever find yourself as far north as the Highlands pop in for a beer or something stronger or at.least a cuppa, I’m sure I can dig out an old Beach Boys album from somewhere UTV!!!!!

On 16/07/2024 at 01:13, beachboys1 said:

Horrendous news, sorry for your loss pal. 🙏

Chin up pal in going through the same 

• Like 1

Sending you my love. Look after yourself, grief is something that takes time. I lost my dad last year and understand the feeling 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â