Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Well said....being half Irish, I love both countries....It's possible alright.

I'm half Irish cos both parents were. I'm English overall but I also love Ireland.

My old school friends were in the same position and they all declared for Ireland and don't like England at all.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

<cough> 

On 05/08/2020 at 13:10, VillaChris said:

22 goals for Blackburn the season before we signed him.

Think he scored 14 the year before so not that far off Watkins and Blackburn were nowhere as good as Brentford.

Jordan Rhodes scored 21 goals in 14/15 aswell.

I was probably a little too harsh in my previous post. I'll rephrase that by staying I'm o.k if he's coming in but he can't be our main striker signing. It surely can't be too much to ask to find an experienced international standard striker from one of the euro leagues who's got a decent scoring record?

On 05/08/2020 at 13:13, alreadyexists said:

Not for £18m I don’t think I’m afraid.

Hey! @mjmooneyDon’t besmirch my innocent name 😂 My post was in response to this post by @VillaChris… I was saying that you can’t get a striker of that level for £18m

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

All about his time at Weston-super-Mare and Torquay. I wanna hear about his quality at the Villa. Media treating it like he never had it in him.

It does annoy me that some of the media are treating him like a competition winner. He had more right to be in the squad that a lot of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I can see Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, the Milan clubs, Atletico Madrid and even Real Madrid trying to sign Ollie next summer.

A win-win for Villa no matter what happens. If he has another season like last, his price tag will hover around 100 million.

I can't see it as he turns 29 this year.  We have him all to ourselves for the next 3 years of his peak at least.

• Like 1

Agree, I think Ollie's age will put off anyone trying to tempt him. 

Once he loses a bit of that pace, he becomes half the player he is unfortunately. 

But I'm happy to see that happen here. We've had some great strikers in my time supporting this club - Yorke, Dalian, Saunders, Dion, Joachim, Benteke to name a select few - but Ollie has eclipsed them as my fave.

Posted (edited)

Who's this confident, poised man speaking before the world? You say he plays for Villa? This man is going to be on our squad this autumn?

Watkins scored the 90th-minute winner in that semi-final victory over the Dutch, in only his second substitute appearance of the tournament.

"I watched it quite a few times, when I got back to camp," said the Aston Villa frontman. "I was manifesting it, a lot has led up to it.

"A good friend said he felt like I would score in the Euros final, I did it a match before, but you never know, I might be saving another one for the final."

Watkins was asked about King Charles' message to the team - to try to win without any more stressful late dramas.

"As much as it makes it more exciting, I feel like personally we don't care how we win or score, as long as the ball goes in the back of the net," added the 28-year-old.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It does annoy me that some of the media are treating him like a competition winner. He had more right to be in the squad that a lot of them.

Who's treating him like a competition winner 😂 ?

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Who's treating him like a competition winner 😂 ?

If you read a lot of the rubbish articles online (I’ll try and find one I read earlier) it’s just subtle but they keep mentioning Weston Super Mare like he’s a non league player that’s been included in the squad, rather than the player with the most goal involvements in the PL

Just now, alreadyexists said:

If you read a lot of the rubbish articles online (I’ll try and find one I read earlier) it’s just subtle but they keep mentioning Weston Super Mare like he’s a non league player that’s been included in the squad, rather than the player with the most goal involvements in the PL

I think most people with a brain will know that he's been in the PL for four seasons. Surely they're just describing his pathway.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think most people with a brain will know that he's been in the PL for four seasons. Surely they're just describing his pathway.

Fair enough. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You just know he isnt gonna be starting the final sunday. Aouthgates boy kane will start as will know

Its going to be unchanged team guaranteed

Surely Southgate understands that Strikers are the ultimate confidence players. They have good and bad periods, he needs to play Ollie while his confidence and goal scoring is  high and recognise that the opposite applies to Harry Kane currently, a good option on the bench when players start to tire and slow down to Kane’s pace, old head who knows where the net is and how to win and score a penalty. Let the youngsters tire the Spanish defenders first and perhaps score a couple, old head and legs to see the game out but not chave it, we need to hit them early and hard, otherwise they’ll stroke the ball around and do what they want with us. 

my 86 year old mother big fan of of watkins and was looking forward to deeing villa in champions lrague but may may now not see that very ill in hospital may not pull through

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Surely Southgate understands that Strikers are the ultimate confidence players. They have good and bad periods, he needs to play Ollie while his confidence and goal scoring is  high and recognise that the opposite applies to Harry Kane currently, a good option on the bench when players start to tire and slow down to Kane’s pace, old head who knows where the net is and how to win and score a penalty. Let the youngsters tire the Spanish defenders first and perhaps score a couple, old head and legs to see the game out but not chave it, we need to hit them early and hard, otherwise they’ll stroke the ball around and do what they want with us. 

I do agree but as southgates shown he is stubborn as ****

Ill give him a pass for final for criticism foe hia 1st 11 for final as he did well to beat the dutch.

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What’s his contract situation?

I think he signed a new contract until 2028 not long ago, at some point during last season from memory. 

Edit:- found this

Ollie new contact NY Times

Ollie Watkins has signed a new five-year deal with Aston Villa.

The Athletic reported earlier today that the England international, whose previous contract expired in 2025, was on the verge of signing a contract extension with the club.

The 27-year-old has now committed his future to the club signing a contract that will see him remain at Villa Park until 2028.

Edited by NeilS
Add content
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

my 86 year old mother big fan of of watkins and was looking forward to deeing villa in champions lrague but may may now not see that very ill in hospital may not pull through

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that she was well enough to see his England goal and that she recovers soon ❤️

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that she was well enough to see his England goal and that she recovers soon ❤️

she was at home on night didnt register  with her thank s for that

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â