Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Edit: Now watching the English and Jamaicans argue on social media about it.

" He's ENGLISH!!! "

One Jamaican made a valid point in fairness, Said  if he was shit or missed a penalty etc the claim might be different 😂

People really do argue over any type of bollox online these days.

From personal experience, a lot of people really don't get their heads around the idea of someone being more than one ethnicity/culture. You combine that with the toxic argumentative atmosphere you find online and you get.. well.. that.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Maybe a few but we all have them.He applauded the bees fans at Villa park in the return game.Remember there were Villa fans giving him stick not so long ago on here.Im just pleased for him having come through the hard way.Hearing he could be joined by another Bee this season 

Such is Ollies Character, he appreciates ALL the places he's been, that have enhanced his abilities.There will always be some folk, who will say the sun in blue and the sea is orange.

Ollie is revered at Villa Park, as he was everywhere he's been.....so I say, for all the fans who he has played for, enjoy Ollies Moment, your support has helped him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Amazing how one goal can turn you into a cultural phenomenon. He's in every single newspaper, on every website. Madness.

It highlights the lust for a headline/story.....and the frenzy that goes with it, like feeding piranha's

I am pleased that Ollie is finally, getting some recognition for his undoubted qualities, I'm just tickled, by what lights the touch paper, sure it was a mammoth moment, and sure it was a Technically, well executed finish at a crucial moment......but Ollie has scored some great goals in League football, and had that work being recognised with more football intellect, this frenzy wouldn't be so spectacular.

That goal has just highlighted the Media's Anagnorisis of Ollie Watkins, welcome to the fan club boys.

• Like 1

its not just him, i've seen separate stories about his wife, kids, mother and father

they're vultures

i honestly don't understand why anyone would actively chase being famous, **** that 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

From personal experience, a lot of people really don't get their heads around the idea of someone being more than one ethnicity/culture. You combine that with the toxic argumentative atmosphere you find online and you get.. well.. that.

Well said....being half Irish, I love both countries....It's possible alright.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Amazing how one goal can turn you into a cultural phenomenon. He's in every single newspaper, on every website. Madness.

Ollie's Wikipedia page got almost 450,000 hits on Wednesday, and a further 300,000 yesterday, completely dwarfing any previous day. Previous high was around 160,000 when he scored the hat-trick against Liverpool in 2020. At no point last season did his page get more than 30,000 hits in a single day, and that was during his best and most high-profile season yet for one of the best teams in the league.

Just as a comparison, US President Joe Biden's page gets around 20k-40k hits on an average day, and the highest number his page got this year was 350,000 on 28th June after his very widely publicised poor performance in a presidential debate.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Last time one of our players became loved by the nation at a Euros he left for 100m a month later. 

It will be 140m for Ollie if anyone even thinks about calling. Wouldn't worry about it. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

That goal has just highlighted the Media's Anagnorisis of Ollie Watkins, welcome to the fan club boys.

Wow ..... A brilliant use of a classic word TRO ..... I never would have imagined that it would be used to describe a transformation of opinion by a previously "one eyed media" group on a football forum. You've made my day! 😃 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well said....being half Irish, I love both countries....It's possible alright.

I'm also 'half Irish', but I don't love either. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Never been a fan of Jamie George, mainly because he plays for Saracens, the Man City of rugby union.

I forgive him now. 👍🏼

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can see Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, the Milan clubs, Atletico Madrid and even Real Madrid trying to sign Ollie next summer.

A win-win for Villa no matter what happens. If he has another season like last, his price tag will hover around 100 million.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Very diplomatic.

What he wanted to say is “one is Champions League level and the other is Championship level!”

Shoulda said, Unai is a master Technician, the other is a boring c***, who thinks hes a psychologist 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Very diplomatic.

What he wanted to say is “one is Champions League level and the other is Championship level!”

IMO a national team manager should be laid-back as a default approach. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â