Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Just find it strange how people support a club team from a country that they actively dislike their national team. Anyway, not important or relevant to Ollie Watkins!

Easy. Kiwi/Irish and Villa my PL team since 94 because of the Irish players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Amazing how one goal can turn you into a cultural phenomenon. He's in every single newspaper, on every website. Madness.

He's been on the news channels repeatedly today.

• Like 2

Bought a newspaper today for the first time in years just for the Ollie stuff 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Amazing how one goal can turn you into a cultural phenomenon. He's in every single newspaper, on every website. Madness.

He's an icon today! 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I wanted England to lose yesterday but celebrated like a madman when he scored. His celebration was amazing, the whole scenario was pure football. I felt like a proud dad watching that. From Southgate, Vassell and Vlaar missing crucial penalties while playing for Villa to Dibu and Ollie being decisive in getting their teams to finals/trophies. Things are really changing around here.

Same here, most hype I've been for a goal all tournament. Just felt immense pride. Too bad about the Netherlands, but what a way for England to win it. Villa looking up.

• Like 2

I listened to Gary Linker on the rest is football podcast and he was waxing lyrical about Ollie, and saying how England were crying out for a player like him for a few games now. A very enjoyable listen.

• Like 1

Hope he gives a shout-out to Unai. Before him, that shot is getting blocked by the defender or smashed straight at the keeper, if he even got it off. He's improved so much in the past 18 months it's crazy.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I listened to Gary Linker on the rest is football podcast and he was waxing lyrical about Ollie, and saying how England were crying out for a player like him for a few games now. A very enjoyable listen.

I've felt a different shift the last 12 months or so about 'Kane is the best ever' from the top pundits. I don't think we're quite at the point where Oli (or Toney, although less so) are mentioned as replacements for Kane. Truth be told, I think Kane has dropped a level the last 12 months, but would like to see him and Oli together, but Oli being point of the Christmas Tree, and Kane playing his slightly absurd roaming role.

Allegedley Ollie is part Jamaican 🤯

Which I just found out.

Note this could also be Bollox, as we claim everyone who wins even if their Ancestor was a Caveman 😂.

If true... Makes me even happier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Allegedley Ollie is part Jamaican 🤯

Which I just found out.

Note this could also be Bollox, as we claim everyone who wins even if their Ancestor was a Caveman 😂.

If true... Makes me even happier.

Edit: Now watching the English and Jamaicans argue on social media about it.

" He's ENGLISH!!! "

One Jamaican made a valid point in fairness, Said  if he was shit or missed a penalty etc the claim might be different 😂

People really do argue over any type of bollox online these days.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hope he gives a shout-out to Unai. Before him, that shot is getting blocked by the defender or smashed straight at the keeper, if he even got it off. He's improved so much in the past 18 months it's crazy.

I mean I agree entirely that Unai has improved him but I think this is ever so slightly disrespectful to the previous decade of his career, in which he has scored a lot of very good goals. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Edit: Now watching the English and Jamaicans argue on social media about it.

" He's ENGLISH!!! "

One Jamaican made a valid point in fairness, Said  if he was shit or missed a penalty etc the claim might be different 😂

People really do argue over any type of bollox online these days.

It's been really cool to bask in Ollie Glory for the last day. So many decent profiles coming out in big media now. Yes, an islander through and through -- I read one today about his dad being Jamaican, although there weren't any details which is apparently how his dad wants it, and his much more public mum English. She's a character, but Ollie's dad likes his low profile. They're divorced many years.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â