Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Nothing personal against anybody and each to their own—but I always find it strange reading that people dislike and want the England national team to lose but are more than happy to support an English football club.

Odd.

Villa and the England national have nothing to really do with each other and if anything, the national team has not been a positive factor for the club due to either unfairly ignoring our stars or leading to them getting tapped up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Villa and the England national have nothing to really do with each other and if anything, the national team has not been a positive factor for the club due to either unfairly ignoring our stars or leading to them getting tapped up. 

Just find it strange how people support a club team from a country that they actively dislike their national team. Anyway, not important or relevant to Ollie Watkins!

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Just find it strange how people support a club team from a country that they actively dislike their national team. Anyway, not important or relevant to Ollie Watkins!

I like the team, it's my favourite squad of players in this tournament. However the manager and the way he has this team playing football is an affront to the sport I love. Can't support them in good conscience.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

It's not dislike its more it's not as important as Villa.  However when we have a Villa player is in the team it takes on a whole new importance.

I was reading the comments on here and talking to mates when the game was on but as soon as Watkins entered the pitch I was glued to the screen.

Was the same when Platt scored in 1990 just makes it instantly more watchable and more like club football when you have a vested interest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's not dislike its more it's not as important as Villa.  However when we have a Villa player is in the team it takes on a whole new importance.

I was reading the comments on here and talking to mates when the game was on but as soon as Watkins entered the pitch I was glued to the screen.

Was the same when Platt scored in 1990 just makes it instantly more watchable and more like club football when you have a vested interest.

I’m not the biggest England fan at all, but I don’t think I’d ever actively want them to lose—I’m just quite indifferent.

10 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'm obviously delirious from the heat on holiday... But who is #17 whoo says "history made"

Edit: is it Iling-Jnr?

Edited by HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Yeah 100%. Crazy how Grealish the Villa player playing for England was so much more enjoyable and the pride I felt compared to Grealish the City player playing for England = Meh

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m not the biggest England fan at all, but I don’t think I’d ever actively want them to lose—I’m just quite indifferent.

Well yes wanting us to lose is a bit too far!  

Each to their own though I guess.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â