Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

42 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Maybe a few but we all have them.He applauded the bees fans at Villa park in the return game.Remember there were Villa fans giving him stick not so long ago on here.Im just pleased for him having come through the hard way.Hearing he could be joined by another Bee this season 

Toney?

35 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Our very own Ollie finally getting some well deserved recognition internationally. Absolutely brilliant player and person. Couldn't be happier for him! UTV!

Well now, if you read some of the BBC crap he's the former Weston, Exeter and Brentford player

• Haha 1

I'm 42, and he's the best striker I have ever seen at VP.

So funny hearing him being talked about by news presenters on the TV and radio. He must be loving this exposure! The guy is a national hero right now. 

• Like 1

Good to see Ollie tapping up Cole Palmer on behalf of the Villa too.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I think even with the media clamour, everyone is sort of downplaying how hard that shot was to pull off. He's at a tight angle, covered by a defender. XG on that shot must have been pretty low. It was a world class strike.

Edit. 

I just checked and the xG is being quoted as 0.06. Wow. What a goal.

A regular complaint of Watkins v1 was that he'd score the difficult chances but miss the easy ones.

He's improved his scoring of difficult chances (Chelsea, olympiakos, arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham all similar to last nights), but he's also improved his finishing of relatively easier chances.

Watkins v2 is the complete forward, except for his penalty taking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

A regular complaint of Watkins v1 was that he'd score the difficult chances but miss the easy ones.

He's improved his scoring of difficult chances (Chelsea, olympiakos, arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham all similar to last nights), but he's also improved his finishing of relatively easier chances.

Watkins v2 is the complete forward, except for his penalty taking.

He's now working on the Unai 2.0 Update.

4 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

There's a Newcastle steam from last night. And literally just before he scored they are saying Toney was the better choice as Ollie isn't strong and not fast. It's a thing of beauty.

Watkins is better than Toney at everything on the football pitch bar taking pens. 

Even headed goals, Watkins scored more this season than Toney has scored in his prem career. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Chuffed for him and the celebration was the most Marco Tardelli moment I've seen since 1982 

Marco Tardelli 1982 world cup final goal celebration on Make a GIF

Grosso in 2006 is another comes to mind.

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d say he hides away from the limelight.

I agree, I don't think he'll enjoy the extra attention, but weirdly I think he will enjoy the recognition, it's hard-earned and well-deserved.

Very proud of him, an incredible finish at such an important time in such an important game, imagine the confidence this should give him as well, he's going to be a very useful card to play on Sunday, whether from the start or off the bench.

• Like 1

I honestly want England to win more for Watkins (and Konsa) than anything else. He's such a nice lad as well.

Edited by Mantis

Nothing personal against anybody and each to their own—but I always find it strange reading that people dislike and want the England national team to lose but are more than happy to support an English football club.

Odd.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â