Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Chuffed for him and the celebration was the most Marco Tardelli moment I've seen since 1982 

Marco Tardelli 1982 world cup final goal celebration on Make a GIF

You know what the worst thing about VAR is.  This goal would likely have been disallowed for offside if it had existed. This celebration would have meant nothing.

VAR needs to do one.

Back on topic, it was so good seeing the raw emotion of Ollie from pure joy to disbelief to utter relief and ecstasy. Completely unencumbered by VAR because thankfully there wasn't a hint of foul play/offside in the goal.

I'm entirely selfish about it - we've got him for what another 3-4 years? Everything about Villa is in an upward trajectory at the moment and Ollie epitomises it. Will be buying the new shirt with Watkins on it, because that will be a stone cold classic shirt years into the future.

The post game interview was fantastic too.  When he said he predicted that him and Cole Palmer would come on and that Cole would set him up for the winner there was something in his voice that can only be described as utter glee and I was like yes, this is why we call football the beautiful game and just for a moment it felt like Ollie was transported back to being the kid who’d just fallen in love with playing.  Love it.  

• Like 4

As a resident of the mighty shire of Devon I call upon our useless County Councillors to do the right thing here and award this man a Xerxes-style parade through the luscious surroundings of Newton Abbot. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

That man couldn’t string that sentence together! 

Maybe a prison sentence 

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

The club bias is crazy tbf because I’ve not celebrated any England goal like I did last night for years and years. 

Couldn't be happier for Ollie, what a moment. 

Same. I basically celebrated a Villa goal last night.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Same. I basically celebrated a Villa goal last night.

Still got a sore throat after screaming so loud 🤣

There's a Newcastle steam from last night. And literally just before he scored they are saying Toney was the better choice as Ollie isn't strong and not fast. It's a thing of beauty.

19 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

There's a Newcastle steam from last night. And literally just before he scored they are saying Toney was the better choice as Ollie isn't strong and not fast. It's a thing of beauty.

Ollie not strong or fast? Have they ever watched football before? 

Fwiw, off field antics aside Toney is also a quality player. It's a great problem to have- which potentially game winning sub can I bring on?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â