Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Very much hope that the club announce this morning that they’ve retired the number 11 shirt. It feels just like the right thing to do. Make it happen Heck.

:trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:

• Haha 3

I might even get up to watch the final live now - couldn't believe what I was watching on the rerun, that had another hour to go - I was sure that Holland would equalise....

Don't think he gets close to starting the final, but I am oddly emotional for him today - the camera panned to two people in the crowd, that looked like potentially his brother and wife (with a 19 shirt on) going crazy -  and I was welling up.  I don't think there are many professional footballers (except maybe Tyronne and SJM) who come across as so genuinely grateful and grounded for their jobs and privileged positions.  He just seems like a top bloke, and I hope we can keep hold of him for the next few years...

• Like 3

On 01/06/2024 at 09:09, tinker said:

If the games not going our way and ollie comes on and things change, Which he's perfectly capable of doing , then fans can easily turn. I have seen it more than once , Platt being the obvious example, one goal, his whole career changed overnight. Ollie has the ability, given a chance (some luck) we could have one of the most coverted players in the world in our ranks.( he is already to football insiders) 

This week's lottery number are ...........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

It's mad seeing the reaction. 

We saw Ollie play for Weston. I can't remember who it was against but me and my Dad will usually attend 3 or 4 games per season as I grew up there and he still lives there. 

I think the fact he's also a local lad (well Torquay which isn't miles away from us in Somerset) adds to that feeling of pride. 

The South West isn't the biggest hot bed for players, we don't have any major clubs - Plymouth is about as big as they get in whatever the massive radius of Cornwall, Devon and Somerset is - and it's brilliant to see him doing what he's done, for us and his country. 

My lad had has 2 big framed posters of the back of 2 shirts on his wall. One is his idol growing up, Messi, and next to that is Watkins, his reaction last night to that goal was amazing 💙

He's from Newton Abbot. He was born in Torquay because there's a big hospital there, but he grew up in Nabbot I believe! 

(I have family in Torquay and they were trying to claim him last night, so this wound is really raw still! 😅

• Haha 1

Just now, UpTheVilla26 said:

I dunno if you shout about being from Newton Abbot though 👀😂

Indeed. It's not me I'm talking about anyway, it's him! But I am from the area. 

• Like 1

I'm so chuffed for him. Probably worked his way into being the go-to sub when England will have to inevitably chase a goal against Spain on Sunday.  

• Like 1

Wow, what a wonderful moment for him! It was a great goal, and his first opportunity on goal with so much at stake, and in the 90th minute made it all the sweeter.

The man of the moment, great for such an honest, down to earth professional, so very happy for him. As a confidence player he has to get a look on Sunday now?

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He's better than Benteke, he's the best striker that Villa have had in my time as being a supporter 

Dunno. That he could only match Benteke's best tally kinda makes you wonder how many Benteke would have banged in for this side. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He's better than Benteke, he's the best striker that Villa have had in my time as being a supporter 

I agree. When people want us to get a ‘better striker’ I’m not sure who they expect? There’s probably only 2-3 in the world that are slightly better in my opinion. Haaland? Mbappe? … 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The club bias is crazy tbf because I’ve not celebrated any England goal like I did last night for years and years. 

Couldn't be happier for Ollie, what a moment. 

I leapt up shouting get in Villa!

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hey, they do have a Trago Mills  :hooray:

I used to go to one of those in Falmouth. It's basically a Landfill that you get to walk over and pick items out of that you want to buy.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wow, what a wonderful moment for him! It was a great goal, and his first opportunity on goal with so much at stake, and in the 90th minute made it all the sweeter.

The man of the moment, great for such an honest, down to earth professional, so very happy for him. As a confidence player he has to get a look on Sunday now?

Hopefully, but in the final Southgate will surely leave Kane on even longer than he usually does!

Edited by Tom13

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â