Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Can’t imagine how that must feel for him. Surreal moment, he’s worked so so hard for that, very few players you could name who deserve it more.

There was a game towards the end of last season when we were struggling and he was outstanding might have been the Bournemouth game and someone posted the Morpheus gif that he was starting to “believe”. I thought it was so true at the time and it jumps into my head again now. This boy is the real deal. Kane is never getting dropped, he’s been one of the best strikers England have had in a long long time so it is what it is. 

But what a player to bring off the bench and BOY did he seize his moment! 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Better than Platt in Itallia 90 for me. Incredible from Ollie. So pleased for him. What a goal. Amazing.

For me, here's the difference. As soon as Platt scored THAT goal, my brother said, correctly, "Shit, he'll leave Villa now", which of course he did. Suggestion that Ollie would leave us now is laughable.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

konsa and ollie in the euros final

dibu in the copa america final

been an alright summer for us so far

And possibly duran if Colombia win tonight.

You usually worry about your players egos inflating and then feeling they are "better " than you at a certain point of ascendancy, head turned etc.

I don't really have such feelings about Ollie, but clubs will 100 percent be interested.

Keeping and building with him is critical to our success.

Imagine he'll be even better in the coming season than he was the last.

Aside from him, I think we legit have a few players which could eventually transform/enhance the England team if they reach their potential.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just very, very proud of him - there are few moments supporting England that I can remember that felt better than watching Ollie Tardelli-ing across the pitch with his eyes wide, full of emotion and not quite sure what to do with himself. It's a superb goal - the world knows who he is now.

Tardelli'ing..absolutely spot on...that was exactly what i thought about , i could really feel that pure joy and elation on his face, the disbelief at what a momentus goal it was ...just bloody magical. I love him. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

For me, here's the difference. As soon as Platt scored THAT goal, my brother said, correctly, "Shit, he'll leave Villa now", which of course he did. Suggestion that Ollie would leave us now is laughable.

Yes Plattt gave us a season in which he scored 24 goals after the 1990 workd cup and saved us from being relegated then moved on. His money built the Atkinson side. 

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

And possibly duran if Colombia win tonight.

On the bench. 

Surprised he's not trying to force a move from Columbia to Peru or Venezuela for more international minutes.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Been injecting the reactions to his goal all evening. Southgate nearly killed England fandom for me,  but Ollie brought the joy back today  in spades. So happy for him, and No.2 son has gone to bed in his Villa kit grinning like a Cheshire Cat. 

What a moment for “Aston Villa’s Ollie Watkins:”

I've not enjoyed England at all this tournament but Watkins goal sparked something tonight. I was excited for England in that moment. It was a nice feeling for a change. Having panned Southgate continuously these last few years ill hand him some credit for tonight! He has been quite fortunate though.

• Like 4

As an Aussie I told myself the only way an England victory would be tolerable was if Ollie came on and scored a late winner.

If it goes "home" now, it will be because of Ollie Watkins and AVFC, so I'm okay with that!

It was typical of the man too that he made a point of celebrating with the other subs. Absolutely lovely moment.

• Like 4

So happy for Ollie, what an incredible goal and lovely celebration. Puts even more shine on Villa, and makes us even more appealing to top players.

Such a shame that Southgate will start Kane again.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â