Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

28 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Oh my days! Absolutely unreal! Knew he was gonna hit it!

Yeah as soon as it came to him I thought these are exactly the sort of ones he likes to pop in the bottom corner… lovely that it was such a ‘typical’ Watkins goal!

• Like 1

Not cheered an England goal all tournament but I did with this one. That goal is what this guy is all about, making runs good touch and bang. There are few better in the world currently at doing that. And on top of that what a great guy 

• Like 4

So emotional and so pleased for our Ollie.

I was secretly pleased Saka's goal got chalked off as I knew that if it stood, Ollie wouldn't get on. I hoped and prayed he'd score, and he did. So so proud. 

The irony is, I said to my wife I hope it's not extra time and pens as I want to sleep, as if I'm going to sleep now! 

25 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

It's incredible how much better he is than Kane, particularly with this set of teammates around him.

Watkins, imo, is easily the best English Striker. Wouldn't sell him for $1 billion

Kane just gets in the way of our 3 behind the striker. Rashford and Sterling worked because they wanted to get in behind but Foden, Saka, Bellingham, Palmer and Eze don't want to run in behind so you need your striker to make the runs instead and Kane either can't or won't

And the drop off from those 5 to Gordon and Rashford is a lot bigger than kane to Watkins. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He won't start on Sunday, though, will he.

No, he won’t. Kane is the captain and is considered our talisman. But Watkins offers something very different, and should be considered for more game time. We’ve seen what he can do when given 10 mins… 

6 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Get him on all of our marketing asap, he's England's hero.

If the club is smart they will also re-share the video of the kid styling his hair like Ollie. Just a wonderful, heartfelt moment. He's the man of the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Kane just gets in the way of our 3 behind the striker. Rashford and Sterling worked because they wanted to get in behind but Foden, Saka, Bellingham, Palmer and Eze don't want to run in behind so you need your striker to make the runs instead and Kane either can't or won't

And the drop off from those 5 to Gordon and Rashford is a lot bigger than kane to Watkins. 

Exactly this. I think more than grealish not going , rashford was a bigger surprise cause for all his lack of form he does fit the system with Kane very well.

Anyway back to your point. Kane is a great striker but he doesn’t fit with Bellingham and foden. It used to be the case that that didn’t matter cause foden/bellingham were young and Kane was a world beater. But now it’s at a stage where you’ve got to sacrifice Kane for the greater good of the team 

19 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

He’s scored a very similar goal like that for us, but I can’t remember who it was against.

Was against Arsenal

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Just look at the range of emotions he goes through. He so, so deserves this moment. What a guy. What an ambassador for our club.

And people say players don’t want to play for England… 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â