Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Kane seems to be our Ronaldo, barely had ten minutes of good football, and not been brought off early or rested for a game. 

Watkins deserves some game time but he’s never going to get it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Kane seems to be our Ronaldo, barely had ten minutes of good football, and not been brought off early or rested for a game. 

You are right - purely on a professional basis, given the season he’s had and Kane’s very indifferent form, I’d suggest both him and Toney deserve more minutes, but coming at it from a purely selfish perspective I’d be happy to see him, home and injury free. 

• Like 1

Watkins would have more minutes if he was consistent at penalties. It's knockout football and it's one of the few decisions I understand Southgate doing it.

Watkins for sure deserves more minutes. He deserves to replace Kane earlier in games.

But he's the change of pace striker, a different option, and one that can't really be trusted from the spot. I understand Toney getting on ahead of him tbh

• Like 4

Watkins needs to start really if he’s going to play. His movement and run ins behind will improve the team performance so much. It would really transform the team. Save Kane and Toney till late changes if we are chasing games and to take pens.

• Like 2

Whatever happens, it's good progression for him.

His stock has been steadily rising year on year.

He's been included in the squad for a prestigious tournament for ( on paper ) one of the Worlds Footballing powerhouses 

Year on year he has also gotten incrementally better when he feels he has a point to prove.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Martinez and Southgate are two gutless managers, figures.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kidlewis said:

He was brought off against Denmark and replaced by Ollie. Just a shame it wasn't a permanent replacement. 

• Like 1

I think Watkins might get a run if England get an early lead and we need someone who can press hard and work in behind defenders who are pushing up the field.

Of course, we'd be more likely to score early in games with Watkins on the field as well. 

Ollie wouldn't drop himself back into CDM or left back, leaving nobody on the half way line in case of a break away.

54 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think Watkins might get a run if England get an early lead and we need someone who can press hard and work in behind defenders who are pushing up the field.

Of course, we'd be more likely to score early in games with Watkins on the field as well. 

I think we'd be more likely to see a defender brought on for a striker in that case.

If Garth had the Euro final again he'd double down and take off an attacker after Shaw scored after 10 minutes or whatever.

On 07/07/2024 at 17:24, Pongo Waring said:

I can see Watkins scoring 24/25 PL Goals next season 

i hope he does score in 24/25.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â