Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

On 30/06/2024 at 22:28, supermon said:

Can't see Southgate picking Ollie in knockout stages. Kane will now stay on in case it goes to pens, Ivo is then ideal to come on as 2nd striker cos how good he is on pens. 

Unless Kane gets injured.

actually i was thinking the opposite, No point in Watkins coming in at the weeknd against a low block as others have said. But against a better team where we have time to run in behind I can see Southgate using him (like he did against Denmark).

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

actually i was thinking the opposite, No point in Watkins coming in at the weeknd against a low block as others have said. But against a better team where we have time to run in behind I can see Southgate using him (like he did against Denmark).

You're assuming there is any logic to any of the Southgate subs. 
Ollie came on against Denmark just because.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Can’t believe the hype and attention Toney is getting the **** donkey. Ollie is much the better player. 

it was expected with this set up though, toney is more of a direct replacement for kane and we have a manager who threw toney on to "create chaos" rather than play even to his strengths

ollie is wasted on southgate, just like most of that squad

• Like 1

Southgate's comments saying he felt bad for how late or few minutes he gave Toney make it even more likely he gets on ahead of Watkins this weekend. A shame for Ollie but keeps him fresher for Villa at least

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Southgate's comments saying he felt bad for how late or few minutes he gave Toney make it even more likely he gets on ahead of Watkins this weekend. A shame for Ollie but keeps him fresher for Villa at least

I wish there was a say to Ollie "you're better off without this word removed liking you" but he's only mortal, he's got to be sitting there with Palmer going "The **** we have to do to get into the XI for this moribund squad?"

16 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Unfortunately, in a real game, that greasy spaffer Harry Kane will be shoving him out the way there so he can blast it over the bar himself.

What a load of rubbish! That would imply that Harry Kane was actually in the penalty area?…

Â