Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I expected to see this thread top of the pile, considering we are 72 minutes into a friendly.

What's going on????

Has Ollie not had a poor first touch, or missed a target with a pass, has he fired all of shots into the back of the net...

Don't tell me Ollie has played a football match and no one is going to micro dissect his every movement....

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm just thinking about his strengths and weaknesses... I usually only watch the ten minutes of highlights of our games on the OS, so a lot of my understanding of our players ability, and of football in general, comes from you lot.

Anyway, until about a year ago i remember he was quite often criticised for not shooting accurately enough (and therefore not scoring enough). But then he went on his great scoring run last season so does seem to have improved this to some extent, thank goodness.

The whoscored website give his weakness as passing. But really that should be improving a bit too because if a player can start to shoot more accurately then why can't they also start to pass more accurately too? 

I read somewhere else tonight that he struggles with crosses into the box. So he's better at short passes than long passes.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Was that his first goal for us from outside the box? Surely it cant be but struggling to think of any others.

Brighton a few years back where he turned inside and curled it in to the top corner?

Can't remember many of that type last night though, was a great goal that I'd love to see him do more of

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Was that his first goal for us from outside the box? Surely it cant be but struggling to think of any others.

His goal against Chelsea last season was outside the box (well, in that not quite semi-circle bit outside of the box). 

Lobbed ball over the keeper.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Those goals against Lazio and Valencia are really top finishes.  He looks in great shape, too.

I think he could well be on for a 20 goal season.

He's been in great shape since forever. 

I would say the guys the fittest and most athletic forward in the league. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â