Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I don't think he's going either and i'd much prefer to keep him, but we're not absolutely ruined if he goes. It'd solve the Ings or Watkins issue and add £50mil to spend elsewhere.

Odd, I think his style absolutely meshes with Gerrard's style. It'd be weird if he pushed for a move because of a disagreement with the manager if that was the case.

Hang on why are people talking about him leaving? I’d be utterly amazed if he left. He’s been so poor this season I’m not sure he can actually play at any level above Villa (at the moment).

If (and I suspect it’s a huge, irrelevant if as it just isn’t true) him seeking to move was the source of his poor performances then I guess traaa and I hope we get a good fee for him (anything above £40m would seem about right given his age and potential). 

11 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’d sell him for 60m. We need to secure safety, but apart from that nothing much to get from this season. 
Although we’ll only have Ings and Archer. Watkins is being selfish and missing a lot of chances. Very bad decision making. We won’t ever get this price. We’re in a rebuild process after losing Jack. A new manager. It’s the perfect time to sell him (ofcourse depending on the price). We haven’t sold El Ghazi last summer but look at him and his price right now? 

These are basically my thoughts. I wouldn’t particularly miss him for the right amount of profit tbh. Don’t think he’d be hard to replace for what we would get for him. 

On 02/01/2022 at 23:28, GingerCollins29 said:

Lots saying he has had a bust up with SG

Don’t believe this. Not that people aren’t speculating about it (although I haven’t seen any at all) but that there has been any kind of bust up. 

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if rumours of a bust up are true.

Against Chelsea he ruined two clear scoring opportunities with his tunnel vision - missing obvious lay offs. I was fuming at one in particular.

Gerrard seems the sort to put him in his place. You don’t tactically construct two #10s only for a striker to ignore them all game. Fair enough he probably feels he needs goals to stay around England but not at the cost of the test please. It’s regularly costing us.

I can’t believe that we would be stupid enough to sell Ollie. I also don’t believe that Arsenal could afford to offer something tempting to us. I would be utterly amazed and disappointed if there’s anything at all in this. 

36 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I can’t believe that we would be stupid enough to sell Ollie. I also don’t believe that Arsenal could afford to offer something tempting to us. I would be utterly amazed and disappointed if there’s anything at all in this. 

If he goes it won't be to Arsenal unless the fee is is very low. 

If a bid north of £45m came in for Watkins, I’d sell him.

He’s very limited in what he offers and only seems to work in a system where he has to work really hard and run the channels as a lone striker. He’s been really, really poor at times this season. 

I like him as a player but there are better strikers out there for that kind of money. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I don't think he's going either and i'd much prefer to keep him, but we're not absolutely ruined if he goes. It'd solve the Ings or Watkins issue and add £50mil to spend elsewhere.

and when ings is injured what do we do?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s very limited in what he offers and only seems to work in a system where he has to work really hard and run the channels as a lone striker. He’s been really, really poor at times this season. 

I like him as a player but there are better strikers out there for that kind of money. 

Who? 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

A straight swop for ESR or Saka and I’d do the deal. 

Another right winger ? As for ESR, we have Beundia for that role and his starting to look good in a relatively shit team. I would want £60m + for Ollie, he's an Enlgand international who's still got it in him to improve and the most important factor is hes not injury prone , a fact that should weigh heavily on any decisions around transfers .

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Another right winger ? As for ESR, we have Beundia for that role and his starting to look good in a relatively shit team. I would want £60m + for Ollie, he's an Enlgand international who's still got it in him to improve and the most important factor is hes not injury prone , a fact that should weigh heavily on any decisions around transfers .

That’s fair enough, but I think both have a higher ceiling than Ollie and are 5 yrs younger. Also both can play on the left where we could do with a top class attacker.

Edit: not that it’s ever going to happen! 

Edited by Awol

Just now, Awol said:

That’s fair enough, but I think both have a higher ceiling than Ollie and are 5 yrs younger. Also both can play on the left where we could do with a top class attacker.

Saka preferred side is the right, ESR does play on the left but I'm not going for the hype that surrounds Arsenal's youth players, Ramsey has shown signs of being just as affective and Chuck as well, just needs game time. 

Plus Arsenal are never going to let either of those to go, they want to improve their squad not weaken it.

This summer's transfers window was an absolute disaster for us, Beundia was ok but Ings and Bailey look like a backward step . Bailey is another Bert and Ings is a fantastic but ageing striker who will give you two seasons at this level but will need cover for injuries. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. Although, I'm sure many here would disagree.

I think we as a fanbase tend to overvalue our starting players but then undervalue our reserve players.

If we got £50m for Watkins I'd reluctantly sell. We already have a very good striker in Danny Ings, the issue isn't our ability to finish, it's our ability to control games and create chances.

Eventually we will need to start consistently cashing in on some of our saleable assets to grow. Leicester have done it for years and, apart from this season, have got better and better.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â