Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's back next game..

Where did the Arsenal talk come from so quickly?

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If he’s going to Arsenal I think it’s going to be a huge amount of money. I’d sell him as we still have Ings. I doubt that though as the club wouldn’t have loaned Davis if that was the case. We’ll not have enough depth by then.

This place is parody sometimes.

Where did all this talk to Arsenal come from then someone debating the pros of selling him.

I think it literally came from a random post 3 minutes ago.

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If he’s going to Arsenal I think it’s going to be a huge amount of money. I’d sell him as we still have Ings. I doubt that though as the club wouldn’t have loaned Davis if that was the case. We’ll not have enough depth by then.

It’s ok, we’ll just do a Pep and play Jed Steer as a false No.9 

On 30/12/2021 at 18:34, TRO said:

He seems to lack conviction this season for me.

I like Ollie in general, but he needs to be more of a threat....right now, I don't think he is.

Has looked distracted this season, maybe Ings arrival has rattled him. He is a solid forward, hard working, better than Tammy who many here hold a candle for. I do think if we are playing the way Gerrard wants us to we don’t need a forward who has to be a tireless runner, we just need a finisher. Not sure Watkins has fully established that quality despite showing very good glimpses and being very versatile. 

He is an Arsenal fan and Arteta has them flying. If they flash the cash I can see this happening,

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Where did all this talk to Arsenal come from then someone debating the pros of selling him.

Nah it's all over Twitter too. I just couldn't figure out where it came from

There's no chance whatsoever that we'd even entertain the idea of selling him to Arsenal, he's been way better than Ings this season (hopefully that changes today), and has been our best and most important attacking player. Plus I'm pretty sure us selling another one of our better players is the last thing that Edens and Sawiris would want after only recently losing Grealish, they won't us to be seen as club that can't keep it's best players.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I don’t think it’s happening or real but it’s been in the media from a few sources the last few days

3 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no chance whatsoever that we'd even entertain the idea of selling him to Arsenal, he's been way better than Ings this season (hopefully that changes today), and has been our best and most important attacking player. Plus I'm pretty sure us selling another one of our better players is the last thing that Edens and Sawiris would want after only recently losing Grealish, they won't us to be seen as club that can't keep it's best players.

I would rather we didn’t sell our better players but if we get good money and improve then why not, let’s not kid ourselves we are not Real Madrid. We still have pull, plenty of spending power, and a work in progress.

32 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Enormous Watkins shaped hole in the forward line evident today. His running, energy and desire would have invaluable.

Brentford's defenders had a stroll this afternoon.

No way, it was nice to not be frustrated by our striker making poor decisions, for our striker to have some link up play with our midfield.  Felt we didn’t miss Ollie today, what we missed is more creativity.

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

We massively missed him today.

What? Why? I don’t think we missed him at all.  We missed creativity but he doesn’t provide that.  Ings pressed very well.  I can’t see how you can say that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No way, it was nice to not be frustrated by our striker making poor decisions, for our striker to have some link up play with our midfield.  Felt we didn’t miss Ollie today, what we missed is more creativity.

True I think he would have tried to take a touch and over run the ball Buendia played for Ings goal , as much as I like Ollie it was nice see what Ings could do without him in the way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

True I think he would have tried to take a touch and over run the ball Buendia played for Ings goal , as much as I like Ollie it was nice see what Ings could do without him in the way

I wonder if Ollie would scored that goal with the way he’s playing this season myself. I agree with you about what he would’ve tried to do.  Ings is such a quality finisher he made it look easy.

This is the reality if we don't progress on last season. Our better players will start to leave. 

Watkins will push for a move if arsenal are in for him. 

Either we get to Europe or we have to sell. 

Edited by villalad21

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â