Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, birdman said:

I'm sure he will start Kane despite the fact there's absolutely zero value in doing so. The guy is so short sighted. Of course I'll give him a chance to do the right thing but he usually never fails to disappoint 😆

Could Ollie AND Kane start for England somehow?

There's 0% chance he leaves for nothing.

If he won't sign up we'll be pushing to sell him now. And someone will pay. They'll be a bidding war. Every team except City and Liverpool would love to have him as an option.

He signs up, good stuff.

If he won't, we'll miss him but it's not impossible to replace him with a good player.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If he won't, we'll miss him but it's not impossible to replace him with a good player.

Absurd. Tell that to all the other big clubs that consistently fail in their striker signings

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Absurd. Tell that to all the other big clubs that consistently fail in their striker signings

That's why we have Monchi 😉.

Although I'd rather Watkins just signed a new deal than we enter the striker roulette wheel for now.

If we can bide the time and Duran fulfils his potential we could be set for many years to come!

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's absurd to say we can buy a good striker? It's possible. Hardly an outlandish statement.

We'll have to disagree.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's absurd to say we can buy a good striker? It's possible. Hardly an outlandish statement.

We'll have to disagree.

Yes as said big clubs and lesser clubs have tried and failed signing good strikers since we were in the Championship, hell before we got relegated, and Watkins was one of best goal contributions (including penalties won) strikers in PL this season before the hat trick so I stand by absurd comment.

Edited by Kiwivillan

18 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes as said big clubs and lesser clubs have tried and failed signing good strikers since we were in the Championship, hell before we got relegated, and Watkins was one of best goal contributions (including penalties won) strikers in PL this season before the hat trick so I stand by absurd comment.

Fair enough. Game of opinions.

I'd miss Watkins, definitely don't want him to leave. If he does, it is possible we can replace him with a good player. 

Plucking a few, Alvarez, Hojland, Awoniyi, Gouiri, Boadu, Moffi, Sesko, Openda (twice) and Gyokeres have all moved for less than £30m last few years.

Players are available. You need to just not be stupid and buy players that don't fit your team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Players are available. You need to just not be stupid and buy players that don't fit your team.

There's an argument to say, we already have the best striker which " fits our team ". ( As frustrating as he can be sometimes )

Kiwi does have a point, even the biggest clubs have struggled to get good strikers.

You mention Alvarez and Haaland at City, but remember even they basically went a whole season or two without a striker at all.

Man United have been scraping the barrel for solutions, but the new bloke they just got looks like he may be into something.

Some of the others you mention I don't think have been relevant to us for a variety of factors.

There are too many things which have to come together, it's not as easy as it sounds imo.

If anything, Dhuran is supposed to be the " heir apparent" and is making progress 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There's an argument to say, we already have the best striker which " fits our team ". ( As frustrating as he can be sometimes )

Kiwi does have a point, even the biggest clubs have struggled to get good strikers.

You mention Alvarez and Haaland at City, but remember even they basically went a whole season or two without a striker at all.

Man United have been scraping the barrel for solutions, but the new bloke they just got looks like he may be into something.

Some of the others you mention I don't think have been relevant to us for a variety of factors.

There are too many things which have to come together, it's not as easy as it sounds imo.

If anything, Dhuran is supposed to be the " heir apparent" and is making progress 

There's having a point, and there's nailing your colours to the mast saying it's absurd it's possible for us to buy a good striker. Nonsense IMO.

In the whole world. There is no good striker we can buy? What?! 

Even if Ollie stays I'd expect us to look at another forward if we're in Europe next year again. Another that can fill in up front or wide.

• Like 1

I would say replacing him with an unknown quantity is a risk that we don't want or need to take.

Of course he has his moments that frustrate but overall he is a very well rounded player in terms of pace, strength, hold up play, work rate etc.

He actually scores a lot of goals out of not very much too if you think about his 2nd v Brighton and the winner v Chelsea, he receives the ball just inside the opponents half and has a lot of work to do. I don't think many players can do that.

I was looking at striker options that could play in our team and be a sure fire improvement and other than Haaland and Mbappe I'm honestly left scratching my head.

He's got 23 goal contributions in 2 of the 3 seasons here and I'm pretty sure he will beat that this season.

Sign the contract!

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Unai saying that even when Ollie isn't scoring he's really happy with all the other work that he does. I don't know why he'd say that. Doesn't he know that a striker is useless if he's not scoring?

Weird because McGinn said the exact opposite.🤣 said he gets moody and stroppy when he doesn't score. Judging by the reaction to his missing of the 4th I'd say McGinn is right. If only he'd put it the other side of the keeper he'd have the glory on that one.

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Weird because McGinn said the exact opposite.🤣 said he gets moody and stroppy when he doesn't score. Judging by the reaction to his missing of the 4th I'd say McGinn is right. If only he'd put it the other side of the keeper he'd have the glory on that one.

It’s Emery that’s still happy when Ollie doesn’t score, not Ollie himself!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â