Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's mad people here are even considering replacing Ollie.  He'll score about 15+ goals, so will Diaby. That partnership is going to be wild under Emery, and I can't wait.

I find it mad Archers touch is being compared to Ollie’s after a friendly game.   

40 Premier League goals in 109 games but he has a poor first touch you know. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

If I remember, Danny Ings would’ve taken a perfect run and touch too.

There’s not room for poacher types in the modern game. I’m all for Cam to develop his all around skills to complement his poaching ability. 

But until then, Ollie will start every important match this season. 

Ings would have yeah, but I'd like to think we could eventually get someone in that ilk yet with a bit more pace than Ings.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find it mad Archers touch is being compared to Ollie’s after a friendly game.   

40 Premier League goals in 109 games but he has a poor first touch you know. 

Do you think Ollie has a good touch generally then?

• Like 1

Watkins does my head in at times but trying to replace his overall play/work rate to the team and his guaranteed double digits in goals will be extremely difficult and extremely expensive. 

We aren't in that league of player. 

• Like 1

Have to agree with Farlz on this one!  I find Watkins so frustrating at times.  Look at Sunday, he goes for placement instead of power and we are 4-2 up?  This situation happens more often than not with Ollie.  We need a Gary Shaw or Brian Little alongside him to get 15-20 goals to supplement his 15 plus.  Hopefully Diaby is that player!!!

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How long left in his contract?

Two years, and the club won't like it running down while he's playing 50+ games for us.

We'll already have made him a huge offer I reckon.

• Like 2

Watkins’ fitness at his level is a premium. Even if he’s not “elite” he is made out of titanium. And when it counts he is on. 

how many teams in the league would he start for right now? I’ve got him at more than half. That’s a good rate and hard to just sign someone for that. 

With strikers, if you are going to replace them, you better have someone better signed and delivered. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2023 at 20:13, AVFCGB said:

Have to agree with Farlz on this one!  I find Watkins so frustrating at times.  Look at Sunday, he goes for placement instead of power and we are 4-2 up?  This situation happens more often than not with Ollie.  We need a Gary Shaw or Brian Little alongside him to get 15-20 goals to supplement his 15 plus.  Hopefully Diaby is that player!!!

Just for context, last season only one club had two players score 15+ in the premier league, which were Arsenal with Martinelli and Ødegaard who both scored exactly 15 goals each.

But I do agree we need more goals from elsewhere to compliment Watkins, rather than replace him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â