Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That celebration says quite a bit for me.

The lad is fired up beyond belief. He wants this to be his level now. He's hungry for goals.

Up the **** Ollie

Absolutely. Never seen such a pumped celebration from him. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Not in the top division though. Last player was peter withe 42 years ago

I knew it! Hence my 'couldn't be bothered to finish the argument I started' from a few pages back. Put briefly: we haven't had a truly prolific (I know, I know, we all liked Deano, Dublin, Yorke etc.) striker since the golden period.

Just now, AvonVillain said:

I knew it! Hence my 'couldn't be bothered to finish the argument I started' from a few pages back. Put briefly: we haven't had a truly prolific (I know, I know, we all liked Deano, Dublin, Yorke etc.) striker since the golden period.

And Platt got 19 twice from midfield which was phenomenal. Doubt if Ollie will get to 20 this season but could do in the future 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not in the top division though. Last player was peter withe 42 years ago

Wasn’t the question asked though was it. Poster asked who was the last player to score 20 plus goals in a season. It was Abraham. 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Wasn’t the question asked though was it. Poster asked who was the last player to score 20 plus goals in a season. It was Abraham. 

True. But PaulC got to the answer that I was too lazy to bother looking up.

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

True. But PaulC got to the answer that I was too lazy to bother looking up.

No worries. For what it’s worth, Benteke nearly got there by scoring 19 league goals in his first full season with us but as highlighted, it’s been a good while in the top division.

Good strikers are hard to find...Ollie is in such great form on a surging side that is starting to turn heads...an England call up is in the cards...I wonder if some club will come in for him this summer. Man Utd need a striker. Spurs might be interested...

Even when he wasn't scoring I was never worried.

Said at the time I'd be more worried if he didn't get into goal scoring positions, but he always had chances.

Scoring is the easy part. Being at the right place at the right time and getting into goal scoring positions is the hard part.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â