Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I plead the fifth on my past comments!

All jokes aside, it's great to see what he's evolving into. Emery's ability to raise players' ceilings is unbelievable. He's started adding a bit of flair to his game now, I don't think any of us saw that coming!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

To be fair, this is a very different Ollie under Emery to the one under Gerrard.    It’s like a different player imo….confidence, how Emery has told him to stay centrally and even his touch seems to be there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

All jokes aside, it's great to see what he's evolving into. Emery's ability to raise players' ceilings is unbelievable. He's started adding a bit of flair to his game now, I don't think any of us saw that coming!

Exactly, I was just writing the same thing in the comment above.  Loving it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair, this is a very different Ollie under Emery to the one under Gerrard.    It’s like a different player imo….confidence, how Emery has told him to stay centrally and even his touch seems to be there.

ThIs is true for literally every player. 

It’s why saying the players were not good enough to do more under Gerrard was crazy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Ollie of 6 months ago doesn't get that goal today. Nice composure, nice quick feet and ingenuity, and a nice confident finish. 6 months ago he wouldn't have even been in the box.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

It’s why saying the players were not good enough to do more under Gerrard was crazy.

To be fair a lot had struggled in the last six months of Smith’s tenure so while we knew Gerrard was awful we thought some of the players were the same.  Turns out it was all Gerrard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Gerrard pulled the whole team down into his posturing lad nonsense mentality. Catastrophic appointment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair a lot had struggled in the last six months of Smith’s tenure so while we knew Gerrard was awful we thought some of the players were the same.  Turns out it was all Gerrard.

Love Deano and still think he had accumulated enough goodwill to be given more time but him and Emery are in different classes when it comes to managing.

• Like 2

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Never seen him look so happy and confident.  

Wait until he sees his new contract and how much he’ll get paid, he’ll definitely be happy!

Just now, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Love Deano and still think he had accumulated enough goodwill to be given more time but him and Emery are in different classes when it comes to managing.

Agree, I was very disappointed Smith left and was angry when we gave Gerrard the job.  Emery though is different level and I was astounded we got him, and he hasn’t disappointed.

• Like 1

I hear everybody's love for Deano me also but the events preceding Deano's dismissal at the time as lead to where we are today with Unia Emery. Who knows where we'd be if Deano had gone earlier or kept his job for longer I'm guessing we won't be having Emery at the helm now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â