Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tammy and Wilson have been poor recently so I expect them to get a call up

Nah. Watkins should get the nod ahead ahead of those two, especially given the form he is in. Toney won't be available for selection either so there isn't much competition. I think Southgate rates him and will be more then happy to call him up over Wilson and Tammy. Its only Kane who is guaranteed a place. 

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

37 goals scored for Villa…

1 behind Ashley Young 

4 behind Ian Taylor

And only 6 behind Dean Saunders, Julian Joachim and David Platt

8 behind Darius Vassell

i think you have your numbers wrong regarding Platt. He scores 64 goals in total for Villa, 45 in the then First division. 

45 minutes ago, PaulC said:

i think you have your numbers wrong regarding Platt. He scores 64 goals in total for Villa, 45 in the then First division. 

Ah yes, forgot that transfermarket website not counting some goals for some reason. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Even his own coaches are pushing him to leave. What chance do we have of keeping players when there are so many voices encouraging them to leave all the time?!

As soon as they pick up a bit of consistent form. lol

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, ender4 said:

37 goals scored for Villa…

1 behind Ashley Young 

4 behind Ian Taylor

6 behind Dean Saunders & Julian Joachim

8 behind Darius Vassell

That’s crazy that Joachim is on that list, never remember him being a regular starter. 
Good on Ollie gaining towards some good players in the Villa history books. 
I’ve been critical of him in the past, but all credit his form at the moment is brilliant. 

1 hour ago, peterwithethewinner said:

According to Safegate, he needs to play for a big club if he wants to play for England.  Deja vu eh Gareth

Selects Rice and Pickford every sodding game….

On 12/03/2023 at 20:27, PaulC said:

I can't see how Southgate can pick Toney. Haa he been cleared of betting charges yes? Watkins yes must be in the next squad 

Toney has now admitted most of the betting charges so I would be very surprised if he was selected in the next squad. 

Edited by Made In Aston

11 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Even his own coaches are pushing him to leave. What chance do we have of keeping players when there are so many voices encouraging them to leave all the time?!

To be fair he was asked the question and he was never going to say No he’s not good enough when he is the man that coached him.  Ask the VT’s if he is good enough for a top 5 team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ask the VT’s if he is good enough for a top 5 team.

I'm not sure he is yet!  Taking the rose tinted glasses off after reviewing the last couple of years, would you pay big money for him?  He's in great form now with 6 in 7 games but looking at him over the last couple of years, you'd have to say no if you are honest with yourself.  If he continues this form or close to this form that he has now that he's being coached properly then it's a different story and that maybe in the summer to review by clubs.  I think clubs would want to see this form over a good stretch of time before blowing the money they would have to to buy from us.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â