Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Really mate? His strengths are that he's a physical beast - stamina, pace, work rate, energy, strength, determination - all in abundance.

Yeah, really!  Look at all your quotes - no strengths listed at all.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, really!  Look at all your quotes - no strengths listed at all.

I meant really as in are you really being that pernickety. Why on earth would I say he had strengths (a few times) if I didn't believe he had any.

You said I was talking bollocks by saying 'I've always said he has strengths'. I proved you wrong, then you get picky. Done playing your games now 😴

Edited by Tom13

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

With Toney out of the picture for a while and Ollie in top form, surely his england chances are looking better? (subject to cock nose)

He could score in every game until end of the season and not be picked.

He goes from looking clinical as **** to looking shaky, and it comes down to confidence. He’s now playing under a high quality manager for the first time too - so maybe this will help him overcome the confidence issues.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Who's that?

Plays up front for Arsenal, used to play for Man City. Been injured for all of the past month though. Don’t know why he’s been nominated.

• Haha 1

Many have said (rightly IMHO) that Ollie is a confidence player, doing so much better when confidence is high. So what can a manager do to instil confidence in Ollie? Demonstrating by actions, not words, that he believes in and relies on him?

Here's 5 of Ollie's best and worst  career spells under 4 different managers. 

Emery - sells Ings , deciding to rely on Ollie as sole senior striker. Outcome -  record breaking 5 goals in 5 successive games

Smith - reunited with Ollie for £30m, sole senior centre forward. Outcome - 14 goals in first Premier League season

Frank - makes Ollie sole senior striker (after 20 goal top scorer forces move to Premier League leaving Brentford) having to convert Ollie to a centre forward. Outcome - 26 Championship goals that season

Compare

Gerrard - drops Ollie for first game of this season, despite him doing OK-ish in pre season. Outcome - Ollie gets 1 in 11. Gerrard gets sacked.

Smith -  Ings signed for £30m. Confusion - are they to play together or compete for the same spot? Outcome - Ollie gets 2 goals in 9 Villa games. Smith gets sacked. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

Smith -  Ings signed for £30m. Confusion - are they to play together or compete for the same spot? Outcome - Ollie gets 2 goals in 9 Villa games. Smith gets sacked. 

To be fair, Ollie just came back from injury then so don’t think slightly post that injury it was Smith, Ollie or Ings fault for that final part of Smith’s reign.

8 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Watkins nominated as PL player of the month. May be unlikely to win over other candidates like Rashford and that israeli kid, but nice anyway.

Yes but his first touch can be a little heavy so I don't think he'll get it.

I think there will be an appeal to him winning PL player of the month award, they clearly haven't taken his couple of poor touches into account...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
I'm just playing 😅

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â