Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Suggest who we can sign who would do better then him?
You will avoid this question

Don't know, mate. I don't watch anywhere near enough football across Europe to know the answer to that question. 
Are you telling me there isn't a striker out there that we could sign that would improve us?
You won't avoid this question. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Don't know, mate. I don't watch anywhere near enough football across Europe to know the answer to that question. 
Are you telling me there isn't a striker out there that we could sign that would improve us?

look dude, Watkins works very very very hard, that makes him a good boy, he doesn't need anything else to his game, he's a good boy who works hard and runs a lot, a very good boy.

Why would you want to replace a very good boy?

We also didnt need to replace Trez, he worked hard, he was a very very good boy.

Technique, control, vision, composure.....all overrated, anyone can have those things, not everyone can be a very good boy.

We just need more good boys.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

I just see Ollies overall game has diminished. Maybe I am wrong stat wise but it sure feels like his pressing is less effective.  When watching games I dont see Ollie  in the box or on the end of a cross or sprinting into space or closing defenders down as much as he used to.

Finishing is still a problem but he has other issues as well.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Of course there is strikers that are better but a real upgrade would cost about 60/70 million for a guaranteed one

So far has been 8 forwards signed by Premier League teams this summer Jesus, Nunez, Haaland, Richarlison we had no chance to get, then you go into. 

Then Mara, Scamacca, Awoniyi and Enciso are all strikers with potential but still unproven and have a greater chance of flopping like we had to do with Wesley a few seasons back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Of course there is strikers that are better but a real upgrade would cost about 60/70 million for a guaranteed one

So far has been 8 forwards signed by Premier League teams this summer Jesus, Nunez, Haaland, Richarlison we had no chance to get, then you go into. 

Then Mara, Scamacca, Awoniyi and Enciso are all strikers with potential but still unproven and have a greater chance of flopping like we had to do with Wesley a few seasons back

To be honest, I’d start Ings or Archer at this moment in time ahead of Watkins. I’d even play Bailey as a false 9 ahead of him. 

Doubt we’ll sign another striker this Summer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

To be honest, I’d start Ings or Archer at this moment in time ahead of Watkins. I’d even play Bailey as a false 9 ahead of him. 

Doubt we’ll sign another striker this Summer.

probably similar, I think Watkins confidence is shot at the moment. He desperately needs a goal and hope we draw some really poor team in the cup might be his best way forward

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

None of them will be as bad as Wes, bless him.

Would have really liked Mara but probably didn't make sense with Archer here.

Amine Gouri is one I think could be a success here. He won't cost more than £25m.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

None of them will be as bad as Wes, bless him.

Would have really liked Mara but probably didn't make sense with Archer here.

Amine Gouri is one I think could be a success here. He won't cost more than £25m.

Wesley really was miles off it. But, he did give us that moment where he pretended to be unconscious. You can’t put a price on s*** like that.

19 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

There isnt a striker better than Watkins that we can attract. that is true 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

There isnt a striker better than Watkins that we can attract. that is true 

We don’t know that, we’ve attracted players like Kamara and Carlos this summer.  

We don’t know whose available, who’d be interested in us or whatever.  

There are names like Sesko, David and co floating about and I’m sure the club have their own list far better than us.  

Are they better than Watkins, I don’t know and I’m sure fans will have positive and negative things to say about any player but to say there isn’t a striker better than Watkins that we could attract seems an overly bold statement because we know we have money, we have fantastic negotiators, Gerrard and the club are attracting top talent and we are getting players.  It’s whether we are interested.

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol

but its true. Only Kane, Son, Salah and Mane have scored more open play goals in the PL the last 2 seasons. 
he probz worth 50-60mil. We wont attract better than Watkins, would cost us £80mil +

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Where’s Davis’ vid? 🤣

They’ve been working through the night doing hundreds of takes, he still hasn’t scored yet to do a vid.  Goalkeeper even went home hours ago 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

On 01/08/2022 at 23:11, Delphinho123 said:

We have brought in Carlos, Kamara and Digne as clear improvements in their respective positions. I don't think any of us would have suggested Carlos or Digne and if we suggested Kamara we would have been accused of not being realistic as he will go to a Champions League club or Man Utd, actually we would probably be accused of that for all three players. I find this 'who could we get is better' question such BS and only used by people that want to disagree with things or make noise on the forum

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 00:59, Zatman said:

probably similar, I think Watkins confidence is shot at the moment. He desperately needs a goal and hope we draw some really poor team in the cup might be his best way forward

Things do change quickly. In April people were happy about how well Watkins and Ings partnership was developing. Now after a few pre-season games without scoring Watkins is a nervous wreck who must be sold immediately.

If we look at official games, his last few weren't even that bad if you look at goal contributions (or ratings).

ow.JPG

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

We have brought in Carlos, Kamara and Digne as clear improvements in their respective positions. I don't think any of us would have suggested Carlos or Digne and if we suggested Kamara we would have been accused of not being realistic as he will go to a Champions League club or Man Utd, actually we would probably be accused of that for all three players. I find this 'who could we get is better' question such BS and only used by people that want to disagree with things or make noise on the forum

Of course there are better strikers out there (just as there are better players than VIlla's in every position).

What is annoying is when people demand we sign a 25 goal striker, or at least a 20 goal striker. If we're talking about the Prem they hardly exist anymore. Goals are shared around the team these days.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Of course there are better strikers out there (just as there are better players than VIlla's in every position).

What is annoying is when people demand we sign a 25 goal striker, or at least a 20 goal striker. If we're talking about the Prem they hardly exist anymore. Goals are shared around the team these days.

Not to mention the fact that Archer could potentially be that player, it would be really daft to stop his progress now and not give the lad a chance as every single aspect of his development to date suggests he will be a really good striker 

13 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Things do change quickly. In April people were happy about how well Watkins and Ings partnership was developing. Now after a few pre-season games without scoring Watkins is a nervous wreck who must be sold immediately.

If we look at official games, his last few weren't even that bad if you look at goal contributions (or ratings).

ow.JPG

If you look at it across the whole season, it's not great though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â