Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Hopefully this is just a minor slump. I still think the Leeds game took a lot out of them when they played Newcastle.

Manager should have made some changes. Sanson, Ings were available for example 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, meregreen said:

That’s an opinion about Watkins reaction that differs to yours. It’s not a lie. Or is anyone who disagrees with you a liar.

"He wouldnt even go celebrate with his team mates vs leeds."

That is not an opinion. Are you sure you read the right post?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I certainly don't disagree with that. I wish he would've swapped in Sanson for McGinn instead of Chuk. But Ings did come on around the 70th minute.

Watkins was supposed to come off before his disallowed goal. 

10 minutes later he came off

• Like 1

5 hours ago, av1 said:

But he has an annoying habit of being offside. We can slate the rule all se like, but whether it’s 2mm or 2m, not being able to look across the line is on the Striker. 

It’s a basic requirement if a striker that Ollie is shit at. 

It’s the same with being “unlucky” with his shooting when it hits the bar, hits the post or whatever. It isn’t unlucky - it’s bad finishing. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

It's crazy how people haven't spotted/are ignoring this. I'm not sure if he's always been this way since he joined us though? AEG never rushed to congratulate others, Ronaldo never has (but we know that's because he wants every goal himself, and knowing AEG, he probably does the same as he likes to copy everything Ronaldo does).

Maybe Ollie is that laid back, it's just the way he is. Either way, it's not body language I particularly like. He's got a very half soaked way about him.

I'd have said Kodjia could be quite a selfish player, but no matter who scored he would go wild.

Exactly. If people think we are looking too much into it let them. But three goals and he isnt happy with not one of them. Look at how the other players are responding arms up and happy.

This isnt normal, it wouldnt suprise me if one of the team made him join the celebrations or someone from the coaching staff. He looks so  uninterested.

Even McGinn was having a go at him for when he kept losing the ball cheaply in the game and you didnt see any passion or urgency for him to win the ball back. 

Preece has even eluded to something is not right with ollie. So its not us looking for a conspiracy theory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanVilla said:

I feel as though with Ollie’s current mood and backlash he’s faced, if he does score he’ll probably shush our own fans 

He’s faced absolutely no backlash inside the stadium to my knowledge. Players who shush fans, and I remember Alpay doing it to the Holte many years ago, are self important pricks in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I think SG will defo go with Ings vs. Watford.  Nothing against Watkins he's just not playing well at the minute same as other players , a game or two on bench might help him.  Which shouldn't even be an issue if the whole point of SG having two players in every position is to rotate now and again due to injury/suspension/form. 

14 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

"He wouldnt even go celebrate with his team mates vs leeds."

That is not an opinion. Are you sure you read the right post?

Whether or not he did or not is not the issue. If the poster truly believes it, then you can argue they are factually incorrect in that opinion. There’s no need to use insults to say you believe they are wrong in their belief. And that’s my final post on this, life’s just too damn short to waste on these kind of semantics.

Watkins is a good player, he'll have many seasons on the Premier League as a mid table CF doing lots of work and doing well enough. 

He'll never be anywhere near the level we need to push in for regularly competing for Europe. Archer steps up or we need to sign a new forward to push us on.

Nothing against Ollie, he's just not a goal scorer. We need a goalscorer in this position. 

Â