Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

Like Smith, he's seemingly not able to exist without Grealish. Last year of his 14 goals, 11 were scored when Grealish was playing, 3 were when he wasn't. 

Looks like Grealish can’t live without them either…

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I’m confused by folks who think he was amazing last season. He’s been worse this season for sure but its a marginal deterioration from an all round average player. He’s always been crap at hold up play, he’s always had a habit of running down blind alleys, he’s always been a poor finisher- these traits were all there last season.

Spot on. There's a reason it took him so long to get to the premier league, its because he's only an average standard player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Like Smith, he's seemingly not able to exist without Grealish. Last year of his 14 goals, 11 were scored when Grealish was playing, 3 were when he wasn't. 

But how do you account for his Brentford form if we are going on the Grealish theory. This Watkins wouldn’t even start for championship Brentford. 

1 hour ago, JPJCB said:

I’m confused by folks who think he was amazing last season. He’s been worse this season for sure but its a marginal deterioration from an all round average player. He’s always been crap at hold up play, he’s always had a habit of running down blind alleys, he’s always been a poor finisher- these traits were all there last season. The difference is he had a player in grealish who created 10 chances a game for him 

Yep. I remember numerous occasions when Grealish would have to delay a pass (or miss the opportunity to play it completely) while he waited for Watkins to finally realise where he's supposed to be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPJCB said:

I’m confused by folks who think he was amazing last season. He’s been worse this season for sure but its a marginal deterioration from an all round average player. He’s always been crap at hold up play, he’s always had a habit of running down blind alleys, he’s always been a poor finisher- these traits were all there last season. The difference is he had a player in grealish who created 10 chances a game for him 

I think it was more so an exciting and promising start to his career in the premier league. People were more forgiving of his shortcomings since it was his introductory season and had high hopes for his development into this season.

20 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Watkins has been poor this season, no doubt but he is far from a 1 season wonder.

He has consistently pushed and worked his way up through the leagues, playing outstanding each season.

This season something is wrong.

Until he starts improving this year, he is a one season wonder as has inly had one season where he has done well.

Its not just poor form, he is just doing everything poorly. His finishing, his pressing,  his linkup play, holding the ball, running the channels. Everything has been absymal from him this year. 

Just to highlight how shit watkins was yesterday 

He won just four of his 23 contests against Newcastle defenders, gave possession away 11 times and didn't touch the ball once inside Toon's 18-yard box, other than his offside header.

I thought Gerrard would be extremely ruthless if high standards werent maintained. He should have been dropped after the Everton game in honesty. He supposedly has a good attitude and always wants to improve so a spell out the team where he can reflect and come back hungrier will surely be beneficial. Ball was again, just bouncing off him constantly yesterday and he was the worst culprit of many for losing the ball.

Ings, whos been pretty abject too, I would trust more to play himself into some kind of form tbh

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He won just four of his 23 contests against Newcastle defenders, gave possession away 11 times and didn't touch the ball once inside Toon's 18-yard box, other than his offside header.

Losing possession 11 times was less than most Villa players though and fairly low for that stat. Saint-Maximin lost possession 17 times, Chris Wood 20 (and Digne 26).

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Losing possession 11 times was less than most Villa players though and fairly low for that stat. Saint-Maximin lost possession 17 times, Chris Wood 20 (and Digne 26).

Saint maximilian was playing better injured than watkins was. No comparison for me in performances

And watkins touched the ball less than our other players so that points abit irrelevant 

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Saint maximilian was playing better injured than watkins was. No comparison for me in performances

And watkins touched the ball less than our other players so that points abit irrelevant 

I absolutely agree ASM was better than Watkins. But the eyes tell that better than the stats imo.

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not far off some of Gabby's offerings in our relegation season tbh

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I will shocked if he’s still here come the summer 

I hope someone will bid decent enough money. He is losing potential suiters every week he plays though. He's just a bang average footballer.

Body language is shocking. Constantly throwing his arms in the air and having a moan.

When it gets tough you need to show character lad. Dig in.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â