Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Thought he was dreadful today, his first touch was way off. Don't know whether it's the injury or the fact he's not playing with Grealish anymore but he's nowhere near the level he was at last season.

• Like 2

Looking back on the first 2 wolves goals , all were they passing to teammates in better position , unlike Watkins hoarding ball / shooting himself with better position teammates around … so unlike last season.

Cmon Ollie don’t you know assist is more value that scoring in modern football ?

14 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Thought he was dreadful today, his first touch was way off. Don't know whether it's the injury or the fact he's not playing with Grealish anymore but he's nowhere near the level he was at last season.

Have to agree

Won't ever doubt his work rate but I've said it time and time again his technical ability is absolutely shocking and it's becoming far more clear as this season goes on. He's definitely the one who gets dropped between him and Ings but I know that isn't ever going to happen. 

I wish he'd be able to run past a player as well, seems absolutely incapable of doing that. 

So bad today. Anonymous throughout except when he got the ball on rare occasions and then made a sloppy touch or the wrong decision.

He just isnt good enough for us to go to "the next level". Not even close.

Edited by R.Bear

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s better playing as a lone striker when being asked to hold the ball up and run the channels. When he’s asked to link up with another striker, he doesn’t look like he knows how. 

It’s a toss up as to who you drop in a 4-3-3. 

It's not difficult at all at the moment though. You drop Ollie, hands down.

• Like 3

We need to revert back to a 4-3-3 and in that 4-3-3 it should be Ings at top and Watkins dropped. They should be competing for the same spot to avoid the kind of dreadful performances he’s been putting in. Thought that was the whole point of having depth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Rather have ings up front than Watkins, his 1st touch today was shocking, so ball greedy on a couple of occasions when all was needed was a simple pass, awful slice clearance for there goal aswell

He has just come back from England duty, been watching Stirling too much.... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, djdabush said:

I also think a part of it is desperation. Not getting the ball as much and now competing with Ings up top. 

• Like 1

He’s been poor all season and needs dropping.

Poor technically, and holds onto the ball for far too long. When he has time to think he doesn’t look like he knows what to do with the ball.

On 05/10/2021 at 23:45, TrentVilla said:

Arsenal interest in Watkins worries me, its his club and they have a young baby is a move closer to home and family appealing? Lets hope not.

I’ll drive him there.

We need to revert back to 4-2-3-1, which means Ollie needs to be dropped, sadly, with Ings in better form.

Tough break for Ollie, the Ings signing. His confidence has taken a knock because of it, IMO.

He didn't do anything to deserve this struggle he is now in.

Not sure how you keep playing  both when they clearly don't click. 

Edited by maqroll

Ollie worked hard today but for me still lacks match fitness and sharpness. Also needs to pass the ball much much quicker. Dithers too much. Not major issues though. As others have said the partnership with Ings hasn't clicked yet. Of course things seem all the worse for throwing away a 2 goal lead! We can make up for it next week anyway. UTV

Thought he was awful today. Lucky to be credited An assist for McGinns goal. Ran into trouble, hesitated with every decision. Refused to shoot or pass until it was too late. 

In dire need of some confidence. Ings too. Both need some time asap solo striker with winners supplying them

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I also think a part of it is desperation. Not getting the ball as much and now competing with Ings up top. 

This is possibly part of the problem. It's seen as competing with Ings rather than playing as a team for an overall result. I know strikers have to be selfish at times but there's no harm assisting in  goals (I know he did today). 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â