Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Aww but I’d love a tradition 4-4-2, hate this one striker up top crap. I’m old school 😂

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love us to play a successful 4-4-2 but you have to have two very, very good central midfielders for it to work. I don’t think we have those!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I seem to also remember a few saying Watkins was indestructible, not so much to day uh?

This just isn't possible. I was specifically assured by one poster on here that Watkins had never had an injury and would never get one in the rest of his career.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This just isn't possible. I was specifically assured by one poster on here that Watkins had never had an injury and would never get one in the rest of his career.

These poster need to be thrown in a trash can and have pig slop thrown in after them and carted off to local dumpsite for assuring you in the wrong way.

I do believe some on here think our players are terminators, that tough they won't get hurt untill they are melted in furnace. Please people if your listening, please don't try melting our players, least not until new season finish!!

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

What is going on tonight in this thread…there’s a lot of love going on! Did I miss a hippy convention or something?

We won a friendly, and the season hasn't started yet. Wait till next Sunday mate.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I hope the Ings signing doesn't throw Ollie off kilter. 

I’m more worried it will throw our manager off kilter. 

Trying to get both into the same team could seriously damage our progress if it just isn’t working. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Trying to get both into the same team could seriously damage our progress if it just isn’t working. 

If only Smith had experience managing Watkins on the left in a 433

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was stubborn with Barkley for a long time.

We saw in the first half that it really isn't working. Got a lot better as soon as we switched formation

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re not breaking into the top 10 with our current squad. 

Really I think top 10 is a gimme, we have recruited brilliantly but top 6 is too much.

Smith is unlikely to have his favoured starting 11 sorted until at least October.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

If Watkins can improve his finishing he'll kick on again this season. 

A forward line of Ings Watkins and Bailey is exciting. Such pace there, Watkins was clocked as 3rd fastest top speed in Prem forwards last season. While Bailey has extreme pace as in he's among the fastest footballers there are on the planet. Ings is quick too. Surely the three can work together and maybe rotates positions a bit once they've built that understanding.

I see a 3 man forwad line as likely end game for Smith once he has built a midfield that can compete. Ings dropping into midfield when needed needs a player running past him into the box. 

When teams are sitting back though we'll need the Buenida and Traore skills to get past defenders.

Watkins pace is underrated by Villa fans I think

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

He was stubborn with Barkley for a long time.

We saw in the first half that it really isn't working. Got a lot better as soon as we switched formation

The only way Watkins and Ings can play in the same team without us getting murdered through the middle of the park is playing Watkins on the left. That, for me, would be a mistake. I have no doubt he can do a job out there but we should be looking to replace Grealish with a player accustomed to playing in that position. 

As things stand, I’m not hopeful for the new season. 

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Really I think top 10 is a gimme, we have recruited brilliantly but top 6 is too much.

Smith is unlikely to have his favoured starting 11 sorted until at least October.

Not a chance it’s a gimme. We finished 11th last season and have lost one of the best players in the world. Our form without him was relegation level stuff. 

We’ve not properly replaced him and addressed areas in the squad that need addressing. Ings is a fantastic player but is a position that didn’t need work (from a starting XI standpoint) and the other two creative players we’ve bought both like to play from the right.

Our left side and central midfield are far too weak for us to finish in the top 10 as things stand. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The only way Watkins and Ings can play in the same team without us getting murdered through the middle of the park is playing Watkins on the left. That, for me, would be a mistake. I have no doubt he can do a job out there but we should be looking to replace Grealish with a player accustomed to playing in that position. 

Starting to lean towards you.

-Pre season been a mess.

- Buendia injured.

- We have no idea how long it will take for Bailey to settle and get going.

- Smith is experimenting with different formations just before a new season

- No direct Grealish replacement on the left

This really isn't good, and I have no idea why people are being criticized for sharing absolutely legit concerns.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As things stand  I'm dreading the first game let alone the rest of the season.

With the players we have injured or resting after internationals we look weak. Add to that a lack of game time for our new players and we have a recipe  for a difficult  season. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â