Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Ollie jeez the guy can work a whole defensive line up really he can, he was a nightmare for them. At a time we went a man down he turned up along with the rest left on the pitch.

If I was to describe Watkins in one word it would be (Tornado).

So luckless infront of goal it's cruel.

Aside from that he was outstanding. What I love today is he played two different roles. First half was all about pulling wide into the space Van Arnholt left going forward. Second half magnificent at holding it up and linking up with Jack and others.

i feel bad for him that he didnt score, i was worried we would get the usual "urgh cant score blah blah", but luckily everyone seems to realise just how much he offers to the team even if he isnt scoring.

2 assists wasnt it?, and he ran non stop, great link up play, led the line brilliantly, great team player and improves us a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

He does basically what people tried to claim Wesley did when he wasnt scoring. Except Ollie actually does it and more. Delighted we have this guy.

That's the difference.

When Wesley doesn't score his contribution to the team is minimal.

When Watkins doesn't score his contribution to the team is still enormous.

I'm so gutted for the lad, he was outstanding in that second half with the job he needed to do. A goal would've topped it off but the footballing gods just aren't on his side right. The goals will certainly come for Ollie, he does everything right. 

Ollie is something else.  Amazing, does the work of 3 men when pressing the back line. 

Let's just assume he improves in his second season along the lines as other Villa players have under Dean. What a player we will have. 

• Like 1

Even if he only gets say 12 to 15 goals this season, his work rate, non-stop running and generally being a total nightmare for the entire defense of every team he plays against makes his contribution worth 25 goals this year. 

3 assists and as always a top class work shift but how I wish for his sake that he could get that goal he so fully deserve.

Even with 6 straight games without a goal now he's still been a great signing and a vital part in why we defend so well as a team.

• Like 1

Â