Academy General Topic

smetrov

U18s beat Cambridge 7-3 yesterday, I think it was a team of U16s and this coming season's first year scholars, they also beat Walsall 3-0 last week

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

U21's in four and a half hours - Academy I'm guessing this weekend.

kid-boy.gif

Nice to see Patterson sign up. Always wondered to what extent the first team mob gets involved in the academy.

For example would Monchi start talking to Rory Wilson's agent to try and convince him to sign a new deal if he won't?

Does Harrison go to Monchi and say these 3/4 payers are really worth signing up long term? Does he or Gombau go to Emery and say these few players need to get around firsts training ASAP, they're good enough.

What happens if a real serious prospect appears? Stupid levels. Like 17 and ready to start PL games. Wonder who raises it up the chain when they're 15 and says we need to promote this player to around the squad now.

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

U21's in four and a half hours - Academy I'm guessing this weekend.

We started back in the Academy 2 weeks ago already played quite a few fixtures across all age groups with multiple age tours on the go including trips to Holland & Croatia … during the holidays we also host a lot of tri fixtures where say Brentford and Sheffield Utd u12s will come and play us and each other all on the same day … we also team bond and go Go Karting , water parks and previously to silverstone for private tours . The summer is the best experience in Cat 1 … UTFV 💪

• Thanks 1

Jack McGrath scored and got an assist today as Scotland U17s beat Qatar 5-1. He's only fifteen so playing an age or two up

Edited by useless

32 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Villa are about as obsessed with buying academy goalkeepers as they are buying first team left backs. I swear we splash £1m+ on a 16 year old goalie every 6 months!

On 10/07/2023 at 19:31, BOF said:

Just looking back at who was chosen to be part of the group that joined the seniors in the first training session last year. Interesting that since this, of the twelve players:

Six have been sold, Sinisalo, Chrisene, Iroegbunam, Kellyman, Ramsey and then Philogene bought back. Combined total of around £50mil which is bonkers. 

Revan released and now in league one

Three on loan in Marschall, O'Reilly and Feeney.

So the only players still with us 12 months on are Patterson and Bogarde. I think maybe for Patterson he still needs development time, whereas maybe Bogarde has impressed enough to start getting minutes. See what tomorrow brings. 

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

Just looking back at who was chosen to be part of the group that joined the seniors in the first training session last year. Interesting that since this, of the twelve players:

Six have been sold, Sinisalo, Chrisene, Iroegbunam, Kellyman, Ramsey and then Philogene bought back. Combined total of around £50mil which is bonkers. 

Revan released and now in league one

Three on loan in Marschall, O'Reilly and Feeney.

So the only players still with us 12 months on are Patterson and Bogarde. I think maybe for Patterson he still needs development time, whereas maybe Bogarde has impressed enough to start getting minutes. See what tomorrow brings. 

Revan was sold to Wrexham for their record transfer fee believed to be in the range of 300-500k 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â