Academy General Topic

smetrov

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Most minutes to teenagers in the PL last season

We're down in 13th, our 3 would be kellyman, Munroe and then ??

Kosta might get more than that next season 

youth-chance-1722509251-144082~2.png

Was Duran still a teenager for part of the season?

• Like 1

Oh that times when lads won the FA youth cup. We all thought that  in the fufure the likes of  Barry, chukwemeka, Ramsey and others would be the core of our senior squad. 

None of them made it here. KKH is around the edges of the squad...expect to be sold soon. Was Jaden Philogene in that team? If yes, perhaps he is the last one with a chance of making it at villa.

Baggies in some financial distress... who can we take off their hands to assist with their fund raising?! @useless?  Heard? I think he's signed a new deal. Cleary?

I was surprised to see Ethan Ingram leave to join Dundee. 

Kevin Mfuamba is one of their's I thought we might have made a move for, England youth international, still only seventeen. They had a bunch in the last England U15 training camps too. No idea if we're likely to be interested in any of these players. Tanswell said players and agents pushing to get a move to us, with some arrivals expected soon, so whether from West Brom or elsewhere, we might be getting some news on that front

• Like 1

2-0 at halftime, Wilson and Edwards with the goals, both set-up well by Young

Lewis, Simpson, Timson, Carroll, Patterson, Borland, Pavey, Edwards, Young, Broggio, Wilson

Patterson and Wilson both went off injured, replaced by Fortes and Cotcher

Finished 4-0, Khedr and Cotcher with the second half goals, we needed to win by six to reach the final, and would have done if not for some good saves by their keeper. We also won the penalty shootout

Edited by useless

TJ  Carroll was the centre back I wondered about the other day. Thought he was a midfielder? He certainly has the frame for a CB though.

The opposition were not up to much today, however:

Khedr looks quality, Edwards may not have as much raw talent as Jimoh but does the basics better, Hemmings is fast, Borland class as always, Young Motm.

As each age group comes through we are getting more and more stength in depth. On the left wing today we had Broggio, Khedr and Brannigan, and that doesn't even count others who could play there like Young, Jimoh, Lynch etc.

Edited by I Make Pies

Lost 2-0. The game was mostly an attack (us) vs defence (them) drill but Punjab defended well and scored from a couple of our mistakes. We should've had a penalty at 1-0 after Broggio was fouled inside the box but the ref gave us a free kick outside instead for some reason.

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Did we ever sign that Columbian youngster, John Edwin Montano? I think he was on trial before.

He turns 18 in January I believe, so we’ll probably find out then. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â