Academy General Topic

smetrov

1 minute ago, I Make Pies said:

6-0 in the end (Wilson x 3, Borland, Katsukunya, Jimoh-Aloba)

It was men against boys. The Swiss barely had a kick.

They are wearing the new kit today, beating the first team to it.

Mason Cotcher scored the last goal

This swiss team beat the team we're playing next 3-0🤔

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

Finished the group stage with a 2-1 win over MTK Budapest. Wilson got both goals. The Hungarians caused us problems on the break and deservedly went in front but we kept pressurising and Wilson's class made the difference in the end. His second goal was a brilliant header.

• Like 1

Have been very impressed with Cotcher in these games, cracking goal yesterday and great assist for Wilson, and some brilliant play besides, I think he had quite the reputation a season or so back, scored 9 goals in eighteen appearances for Sunderland's U18s as an U16 playing an age up, was seen as their most highly rated prospect alongside Chris Rigg, made first team bench in FA Cup at sixteen, also got called up to England U17s, I think he signed a scholarship when old enough, but asked to leave soon afterwards, turning down a professional contract, and there have been disputes over compensation since it seems, so last season was a bit of a wasted one for him, although he did have some game time on trial with Leeds, Manchester United, Arsenal, and Ipswich, and still young, just a month older than Jimoh and Rowe for example

Edited by useless

We surely have to be thinking about including Wilson in a first team squad this summer? He looks like he has all the attributes to be a really top player. 

Hope he doesn’t get sacrificed to the PSR gods! 

Wilson does everything right including his hold up play and passing. So calm on the ball. I think he could be a top player. Knowing where the back on the net helps too. 

Boreland, Munroe and Patterson also impressed me aswell this tournament. Not sure who the goalkeeper is but he's got good distribution. 

Edited by Pongo Waring

Lost the final 2-0, I think was a tired performance, a lot of misplaced passes, long balls, miscontrol, and so on, they weren't great either, was just a question of which team was going to dig out a goal and it was them, plus late penalty; I thought it was a strange line-up too, not sure why we moved Pierre from right-back where he had been playing well and put him on the right wing, where he's not as good as some of the others, and played Katsukunya at right-back, with two left-footed central defenders, seemed to completely unbalance our team. Still, only a friendly tournament, and have the Premier League Challenge Cup to play for later in the week

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

We have allegedly signed Leon Routh, 16 yrs old, Central Defender, from Luton Town.

allegedly…  Even though the picture you posted is of him signing a contract with Harrison 😂😂😂

Beat Punjab 3-2, and won the penalty shootout for the bonus point, Wilson twice and Cotcher with the goals

Cotcher also got an assist and looks a standout, if we haven't already signed him hopefully we can, big shame that such a talent had to miss so much football last season

Confused by the keeper situation, looks exactly like Proctor but they're calling him Sam Lewis, and the same happened in Germany, unless they happen to both look very similar

Rowe not involved and wasn't in Germany either, hope he's not leaving us or if injured not too badly

Wilson has improved his overall game big time, it was said we were playing him in number ten role last season to help with that, and presumably they've been working on it in training, whatever they've done it seems to be working

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â