Academy General Topic

smetrov

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Ramsey not getting a mention in the previews, was the best player on the pitch the last I watched them play a month or so back, always stands out at an academy level, I wouldn't put it past him to upstage a few the others getting more attention.

Alex Scott of Bristol City is another who's not being mentioned amongst the players to watch, he's looked very good whenever I've seen him, has a natural way of playing that reminds me a little of Grealish, and has also probably done more at first team level than any of the others.

I think both Ramsey and Chukwuemeka should get plenty of game time have both have been regulars in this group coming through the ages, Iroegbunam only recently been called up, but I think he started on his debut, and being give the No.4 shirt is probably a good sign.

Scott has been on my rader ever since he played us in the friendly at start of this season. His idol is Jack so you see how resembles his style 

I can’t wait to see these lads play together. They linked up recently for one thier goals in last camp. So hopefully see more of that

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I see Chukwuemeka and Archer have been given the 8 and 10 shirts so must be integral to the starting XI, which is great news.

Hoping Timmy I also gets to feature a fair bit too. 

He's no. 4, so based purely on squad numbers, it's looking good.

• Like 2

How are England generally considered for this tournament? Good squad and have a chance, bookies favourites? 

Group B looks easier on paper than group A but not a clue if say Austria randomly have a golden generation coming though

I think England are considered one of the favorites, strong teams like Spain, Belgium, Germany and Portugal all failed to qualify, I think Portugal in particular were considered a strong group, and it was England who beat them in the decider to qualify, so could have a strong chance.

• Thanks 2

If someone's watching I wouldn't mind a scout report on demir from Austria 

FM wonderkid, spent last year on loan at barca including a £10m buy option / obligation to buy if he played 10 games but barca terminated it in January 

Carney scored.  His build up play after another link up with Ramsey, before showing strength and composure to finish it.

1-0.

Demir looking quite quick, tricky and dangerous, but seems a little greedy.

Edited by MrBlack

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If someone's watching I wouldn't mind a scout report on demir from Austria 

FM wonderkid, spent last year on loan at barca including a £10m buy option / obligation to buy if he played 10 games but barca terminated it in January 

Only been watching 15 mins but looks like he has a lot of work to do. Compare his teamwork and understanding with our own Ramsey and Chuk and he's miles off. Looks a very skilful footballer though. 

As the Commentator said... all three villa players have looked top class. 

• Like 2

Watched about 20 mins of it, looks very hot out there 

Chuk looks so composed and at ease, again he has a languid style that people will mistake as lazy

I thought Ramsey tried a bit too much one touch but him hitting the post was a great move 

Timmy same as chuk looks so assured of himself but he has more bite to his game

In general I thought England's wide play was pretty poor 

Our three players having good games, even the commentator towards the end of the half on the BBC coverage said all three have been briliant. Iroegbunam looking good in possession, and winning a lot of balls, Ramsey with some very slick passing and clever balls, played his part in Chukwuemeka's goal and unlucky not score after a very good turn in the box, and Chukwuemeka scored a very good goal, looks like he can make something happen every time he gets the ball.

52 minutes ago, useless said:

Confirmed by England's official account too. Guess they're just giving Ramsey a rest given how good he was last game and is number 10. Getting a look at some of their other options maybe. 

Hopefully Tim and Carney continue to represent us well. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â