The Global Far Right

maqroll

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder how we should view the French election.

On one hand I cannot stand right-wing, racist dickheads, on the other hand however it has to be accepted that there’s a major problem in illegal migration from Calais into the UK, yes, via ‘small boats’.

Will a hardline right wing government in France see a reduction on migrants crossing the width of the country to make it to Calais? Is there some perverse benefit for the UK in seeing Le Pen win the election? 

Probably not. Le Pen won’t actually be in office, and Macron will be in office but not in power. The likely outcome is just paralysis (both for France and to some extent the EU as a whole).

• Like 1

Le Pen is already calling to stop Ukraine from hitting Russia with French weapons. Horrifying to see so many people voting for an unashamed Putin puppet

• Like 1

Exit poll suggests National Rally won’t get the majority 

new popular front biggest party 

• Like 1

Just how far left are these left wing parties who have won? That could be equally problematic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just how far left are these left wing parties who have won? That could be equally problematic. 

No one seems to know where to go next because none of the three main coalition blocks have enough seats to govern.

The left block definitely has some unsavoury George Galloway types mixed in there though. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Le Pen is already calling to stop Ukraine from hitting Russia with French weapons. Horrifying to see so many people voting for an unashamed Putin puppet

She knows where her funding comes from. The Russian government controlled bot net is also doing great work for her discrediting Macron.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seems to be a very broad mixture, from fairly moderate centre left of the Social Party having about a third of their candidates, just under 20% from the Econologists, and then 50 odd from the erm, French Communist party. So that should be 17-19 communists elected

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

No one seems to know where to go next because none of the three main coalition blocks have enough seats to govern.

The left block definitely has some unsavoury George Galloway types mixed in there though. 

And the left block established themselves as an alternative to Macron, not just Le Pen, will be very interesting to see if there is any horse-trading occurs to try and form a left and centre coalition, or if they just try and form a minority government with an already quite brittle alliance

Can see them being back to the polls within a year really

Posted (edited)

Massive reaction from the French electorate. Macron's gamble looks to have proven effective (at least in stemming the far right) after all...

Edited by wishywashy

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

And the left block established themselves as an alternative to Macron, not just Le Pen, will be very interesting to see if there is any horse-trading occurs to try and form a left and centre coalition, or if they just try and form a minority government with an already quite brittle alliance

Can see them being back to the polls within a year really

It sounds like the left will not work with Macron’s party but will try and govern as a minority government.

However the moderate left doesn’t like the far left even within that recently formed coalition so trying to govern with less than 200 MPs who can’t agree amongst themselves against 350+ MPs in opposition is going to be impossible.

They are constitutionally not allowed another election for a minimum of 12 months. 🍿 

Just now, LondonLax said:

They are constitutionally not allowed another election for a minimum of 12 months. 🍿 

Ah, didn't know that bit. What a circus this will be.

Does seem like some of the left alliance has far more in common with Macron's lot than they do the more extreme leftists in there, so I wonder if Macron being replaced allows a broader centrist alliance to govern.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ah, didn't know that bit. What a circus this will be.

Does seem like some of the left alliance has far more in common with Macron's lot than they do the more extreme leftists in there, so I wonder if Macron being replaced allows a broader centrist alliance to govern.

Macron is not going anywhere. He remains president until the next presidential elections in 2027.

His Prime Minister has just offered his resignation though.The left block will have to try and agree on a person to put forward as their Prime Minister. 

Edited by LondonLax

What this shows me is that I don't have a **** clue about French politics and how they govern😁

• Like 1

My best mate and I are political polar opposites. It's fine, we respect each others decisions and opinions, and it's never without reason.

The biggest issue we've ever had, there is no sensible middle ground despite the fact we agree on (a guess) 75% of things.

I've no idea what the answer is, I just don't really understand why there isn't a 'middle'

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Certainly , Far left , far right there’s little difference . 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â