Sil Swinkels

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, macandally said:

The thing that impresses me with both Swinkels and Feeney was their composure.  

Unai wants to take risks at the back to create space further up the pitch, there were times both received the ball under pressure and in not great areas, however, no panic, no lumps into touch, just composure and finding the pass

Yep. Like the look of both of them.

He isn't ready yet, I'd like to see him on loan to a Championship or League One side if possible.   Same with Feeney. 

Both he and Feeney looked fine against Walsall, whereas Feeney looked a lot more accomplished against Trnava. Swinkels made a few errors and looked less composed, particularly in the first 15/20 minutes. He's not played against this level or with an atmosphere before, so it was a new experience for him and he looked a bit nervy. He definitely needs a loan to get used to playing senior football.

3 hours ago, STO said:

He isn't ready yet, I'd like to see him on loan to a Championship or League One side if possible.   Same with Feeney. 

And kerr

With bogarde moving to midfield we only have 3 good CB prospects on the books in that age group but I'm still hoping 1 of them breaks through 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Looks at Branthwaite at Everton. Only takes 1 good loan for you to become a 60-70 million defender. 

That and an entire season as a standout PL defender. It’s easy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not sure he will get a Championship move, might be doing well to get League One move, nothing to do with ability, just the fact he's missed so much game time, so hasn't had a sustained chance to impresse scouts, he's only played thirteen times in the last two seasons, just five last season. Although there was a rumour of Peterborough, no idea how likely, I think the suggestion was that they were bringing in one of our young defenders, and their fans were guessing it was either Swinkels or Aaron O'Reilly - who has now left the club. Whatever happens hopefully can stay fit now

19 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Looks at Branthwaite at Everton. Only takes 1 good loan for you to become a 60-70 million defender. 

This is a bad example to be honest, can't tell if you're joking or not.  

Not sure other teams playing in Europe are queueing up to regularly play this lad and Feeney, a guy who couldn't get a game in the Spanish 3rd division. 

Branthwaite has been known as an exceptional talent for 3-4 years now, it was a big deal when Everton managed to beat the competition to bring him into their setup. He was playing for Carlisle at 17 after being in their matchday squads for months. PSV are no mugs either, it wasn't luck. Xavi Simons was there for the same season. 

I watched him for the youth team against cov in the senior cup semis and he looked ok. 

He stood out because he was good on the ball, confident, tall. But he also made a couple of mistakes and didn’t actually look that great

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched him for the youth team against cov in the senior cup semis and he looked ok. 

He stood out because he was good on the ball, confident, tall. But he also made a couple of mistakes and didn’t actually look that great

In fairness to him, I think that 45 minutes might have been only his second game back after 13 months out with an ACL injury.

I had some concerns that after such a long time out that it might end his development, but it was good to see him in these two games looking fit, strong and assured. As others have said, he ought to be a prime candidate for a loan this season.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Jacob Tanswell (Athletic reporter for Villa), mentioned yesterday on a stream that Emery sees Swinkels as the back-up left-sided centre back behind Pau Torres whilst Mings gets back up to speed.

Hasn't featured for the U-21's at all so far this season, so unless he has an injury, he is likely training with the first team at the moment.

Edited by Ceemo
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Jacob Tanswell (Athletic report for Villa), mentioned yesterday on a stream that Emery sees Swinkels as the back-up left-sided centre back behind Pau Torres whilst Mings gets back up to speed.

Hasn't featured for the U-21's at all so far this season, so unless he has an injury, he is likely training with the first team at the moment.

Any sad, ugly teenagers should take hope from his transformation into the hunk he is.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He'll be on the bench tomorrow then?

In the squad anyway,  but I would imagine that Bogarde will be the sole back-up centre-back on the bench to cover the general position.

I would expect him to feature against Wycombe whenever that tie is to be played.

Edited by Ceemo

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â