Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/20 at 22:59

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I agree completely. And Liverpool had to adjust their high line because at the beginning of the game we were playing balls over the top to him and he was causing problems. As he tired though (which he always does) the out ball became less effective. I wish we'd got an experienced old head striker in January to bring in and run around causing havoc. But no Suso went to his pal the Belgium agent......

Tbf, Samatta looked decent before the lockdown.  I still think there is a player in Samatta, but not as a target man.

I'd play him on the flank ahead of Trez in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Liverpool for the most part until they made the subs looked like they were at the beach. I really feel we missed a good opportunity. We found ourselves in good attacking positions a number of times but were not clinical enough. 

Scoring goals is a real problem and generally is a major contributor to teams that get relegated. Going into this season with the strikers we did was always going to be a problem. 

• Like 4

Avoided the game and just checked the result afterwards, a lot more palatable that way.

We quite simply don’t have a win in us, we are terrible from coach to the starting 11. Smith just isn’t the answer for me, he’s lost out there and there are definitely better options.

Sell Grealish for 40 million and reinvest on the squad, amazingly just 12 months after the last overhaul we need another one because 90% of our team is just pure garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Avoided the game and just checked the result afterwards, a lot more palatable that way.

We quite simply don’t have a win in us, we are terrible from coach to the starting 11. Smith just isn’t the answer for me, he’s lost out there and there are definitely better options.

Sell Grealish for 40 million and reinvest on the squad, amazingly just 12 months after the last overhaul we need another one because 90% of our team is just pure garbage.

We played very well against one of the best teams in the world. We still lost, as you saw when checking the score after the game.

13 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Nick, you made similar comments about Davis in the match thread and I know you're a smart poster.

But come on, Davis is 22, has played less than 10 PL games in his career and was up against one of the best central defenders in the world!  Of course he looked a bit lost next to VVD. 

I’ve never been a fan as you will tell from pages on here for years and I promised myself I’d give him another chance recently because so many on here like him and I’m definitely in the minority of view on him.

That being said I have given him another chance and jeez I feel he’s worse.  He started good against Sheff Utd, never looked like scoring but was that physical presence upfront for parts of the game.  Since then he’s offered nothing and defenders know now how to play against him.  He doesn’t score with what 2 league goals in 49 matches.

He’s 22 I know but he’s a big dude and when your only attribute is to get your bum in there and hold the ball up and lay it off then do it.  It’s hard against VVD I agree but it’s the same so often against lesser players, so my frustration isn’t just this game but since the restart and probably before.

We don’t have many choices at the moment but for me Davis doesn’t deserve a starting place.  Not saying Samatta does but Davis, for me, definitely doesn’t.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Love fans like you, so informed and I so look forward to your wise analysis of the game and what we should do....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I don't agree on the quality of the squad, we will see the majority of the players leaving us will go on to have good careers at this level, as we have seen in the past.

The players are not the problem.

• Like 1

Played well for sixty minutes or so and we looked dangerous when we got into the final third.

Luiz MOTM yet again, Grealish fairly quiet yet again.

El Ghazi has been consistent in the games he's played and I thought today was his best performance since the restart.

McGinn said in his post-match interview that the team have confidence, I hope they continue to show it.

One thing for sure is we are looking tighter at the back.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Love fans like you, so informed and I so look forward to your wise analysis of the game and what we should do....

Where did I give analysis of the game? The quality of our team and manager speaks for itself in our league position and quality of football, if you are happy with how things are currently then more power to you, personally I’m not, sorry if you don’t like that.

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

Where did I give analysis of the game? The quality of our team and manager speaks for itself in our league position and quality of football, if you are happy with how things are currently then more power to you, personally I’m not, sorry if you don’t like that.

You didn’t even watch the game but your commenting on the reaction thread to the game....I was being sarcastic.  what was the point of adding your opinion to a reaction to a game thread.  My brother who hates football and was working on his computer while the match was on knows more about what went on in the match than you do.

Plus there is no way we’d sell Jack for 40m.

1 minute ago, Graham t said:

Yes a better team performance but only 2 points out of a possible 15 tells us we are going down ( as I said last September......).

VLD.

Watford still in our sights and them and Bmouth are just as bad, if not worse, than us. Don’t give up!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

We quite simply don’t have a win in us, we are terrible from coach to the starting 11.

That's quite a shout for someone who didn't watch the game !!!

Not that you'll care either way but we actually played pretty well, solid at the back, worked our sacks off in midfield, looked dangerous on the counter. A number of decent chances created, matched the Bin Dippers on shots on goal and lost to one slack moment from Taylor and a deflection off Mingsy.

No points but don't tell me we were terrible because today we weren't and deserve some credit !   

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For the first time since the break and a while before it we played some really good stuff at times. Luiz is turning into a player.

No goal scorer will kill us though, when our goal scoring midfielders and wide men don't chip in, we just do not have a center forward who can score regularly. That's not going to keep us up unfortunately. Did enough to win it in terms of work and creating chances. No points though and now we really need to go results to go our way and not get caned too badly by united next time out to still be in with a shout. Then we need to play like we did mostly today to be in with a chance of points. 36 might be enough but I don't know where we're getting 9 from.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

That's quite a shout for someone who didn't watch the game !!!

Not that you'll care either way but we actually played pretty well, solid at the back, worked our sacks off in midfield, looked dangerous on the counter. A number of decent chances created, matched the Bin Dippers on shots on goal and lost to one slack moment from Taylor and a deflection off Mingsy.

No points but don't tell me we were terrible because today we weren't and deserve some credit !   

I appreciate your summary, thanks. I didn’t realize I had to watch the game to have an opinion of our 2-0 loss to Liverpool.

I didn’t make any comment on the game today because as I said I didn’t watch it, my comment was purely based on losing yet another game in what has been an awful season.

• Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â