U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

What horrible people, obeying the laws of their land.

Neo-liberalism loves the distraction provided by this and other social issues. Now pay your taxes like a good chap.

Distraction of Fascists? Where do you get off man?

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

"But the dems aren't doing enough" while defending literal white supremacists. 

Honestly, sometimes Villakram I read your non-political posts and enjoy them, and think I've given you an unfairly hard time over politics posts, and then you come out with something like that, and I think you've really let yourself down. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, villakram said:

What horrible people, obeying the laws of their land, shouting "Jews will not replace us".

Neo-liberalism loves the distraction provided by this and other social issues. Now pay your taxes like a good chap.

Fixed that for you.

Why is it that people who moan about "both sides" being bad always end up defending the fascists and white supremecists?

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure an iconic gay anthem would appeal much to his supporters though

I'm not so sure,  they can't think about tackling life without a big gun on their hip.  

Take their guns away and they would all start crying and never leave the house again.

I think it is more apt than we realise.  The silly words removed.

Is it worth staying up, so I can do a Goldsmith and chant "Out , Out ,Out" at the TV  ..or will it be weeks whilst we wait for US postal workers to stop shooting people and delver the mail before we get the result ?

I really don't think it matters what Trump does or doesn't do at this point. He can play gay songs, punch someone, spit on children. Those who support him now after the last 4 years will support him no matter what. 

I must admit I know very little about US politics. It's confusing methinks. BUT what I don't get is why there isn't a growing third party. 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I can't tell you which website but I doubt there's much inter-racial stuff on there.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

BUT what I don't get is why there isn't a growing third party. 

Trump has ruined the GOP and Trump will be in the shadows for years and years.

3 parties,  I don't know mate,  look at the song and dance they make from a simple binary choice,  are you suggesting they offer the people of the US three choices 😀

It won't end well,  confusion would be like covid and infect them all.  Picking the mascot animal seems important to it all though.  Platypus ?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

"But the dems aren't doing enough" while defending literal white supremacists. 

Honestly, sometimes Villakram I read your non-political posts and enjoy them, and think I've given you an unfairly hard time over politics posts, and then you come out with something like that, and I think you've really let yourself down. 

I’m not going to defend the wannabe Nazis with their patio heaters but there is definitely something to be said about the ‘culture wars’ stuff being a very effective distraction from the real politicking that goes on behind the scenes while we’re all arguing amongst ourselves over the latest outrage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m not going to defend the wannabe Nazis with their patio heaters but there is definitely something to be said about the ‘culture wars’ stuff being a very effective distraction from the real politicking that goes on behind the scenes while we’re all arguing amongst ourselves over the latest outrage. 

I think if that was the point, and it had been made in those words, people would not be reacting with as much outrage. There might even be some merit in it, though I also think that at the end of the day you have to police the boundaries of the debate sufficiently that actual nazis are the wrong side of it, even at the expense of other issues going uncovered for a few days.

However, the post goes rhetorically far beyond that point. It needs to be said that those same protesters 'obeying the laws of their land' participated in a violent fracas the following day, and a woman was driven over at high speed and killed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villakram said:

What horrible people, obeying the laws of their land.

Didn't one of them literally kill someone the next day?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Independent are reporting a poll that says 4 swing states have flipped from Biden to Trump today 😦

nah it's click bait from some discredited pollster

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Independent are reporting a poll that says 4 swing states have flipped from Biden to Trump today 😦

I wouldn't stress about that too much. Yet. Reading the article, it's basically a Trafalgar Group poll that RealClearPolitics are including in their aggregate. And Trafalgar have had Trump winning pretty much everything since March.

So he might still win them, and the election - but it's nothing new today. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â