Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Seemingly good news regarding his injury and would have got plenty of game time anyway as a regular with these players through age groups but should get even more now given no Bynoe-Gittens or Illng-Junior in the squad.

No James McAtee either, presumably he's going to be in the U21 squad, if you consider that it was between him and Aaron who was going to be moved up to the U21s I think it's probably actually more positive for Ramsey and the way he's rated in the system that he stays with the U20s, as McAtee will likely get very little game time with the U21s, so they have probably kept with the 20s the one they feel they will need the most for U20 World Cup and move the other up to 21s as more of back-up player for Euros.

Another positive of being in U20 squad rather than with the U21s is will allow him more of a rest before pre-season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

On 11/05/2023 at 11:08, useless said:

Seemingly good news regarding his injury and would have got plenty of game time anyway as a regular with these players through age groups but should get even more now given no Bynoe-Gittens or Illng-Junior in the squad.

No James McAtee either, presumably he's going to be in the U21 squad, if you consider that it was between him and Aaron who was going to be moved up to the U21s I think it's probably actually more positive for Ramsey and the way he's rated in the system that he stays with the U20s, as McAtee will likely get very little game time with the U21s, so they have probably kept with the 20s the one they feel they will need the most for U20 World Cup and move the other up to 21s as more of back-up player for Euros.

Another positive of being in U20 squad rather than with the U21s is will allow him more of a rest before pre-season.

Just seen in the Chelsea thread chuk is out for the group games, then timbo is injured, bynoe gittens is injured, illing Jr, hall and Lewis has pulled out to stay with their clubs

He's got to be close to being our top player in this team? But overall England's chances must have nose dived

He and Alex Scott probably the two best players in terms of having proven themselves at first team level.

If England can get past group stage then with players coming in after season ends might have a chance as I read that compared to other teams they haven't been hit as badly as some of the other nations by the weird scheduling.

Can't really understand Chelsea not letting Chukwuemeka go, it's not as if they have anything to play for, and surely they must have another young midfielder that could fill a squad place between now and the end of the season, Chukwuemeka going to U20 World Cup would probably be better for his development and confidence than staying at Chelsea, unless they're actually going to give him a few starts as nothing to play for, that seems doubtful though.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

He and Alex Scott probably the two best players in terms of having proven themselves at first team level.

If England can get past group stage then with players coming in after season ends might have a chance as I read that compared to other teams they haven't been hit as badly as some of the other nations by the weird scheduling.

Can't really understand Chelsea not letting Chukwuemeka go, it's not as if they have anything to play for, and surely they must have another young midfielder that could fill a squad place between now and the end of the season, Chukwuemeka going to U20 World Cup would probably be better for his development and confidence than staying at Chelsea, unless they're actually going to give him a few starts as nothing to play for, that seems doubtful though.

Would love him here, reminds me of Grealish.

Scott is a strange one as when he first came to attention he looked like a Grealish style No.10, not just positionally, but had a very similar style and natual ability on the ball to Grealish, and looked very good in that role too, but over the last season or so he's developed into more of a traditional central midfielder, sometimes actually plays as a DM, in fact for England recently has been playing more often than not as the DM.

Would probably actually suit Emery's system quite well, as could play central midfield, or similar role that Jacob Ramsey and McGInn have been playing as winger/midfielder hybrids, could probably still play as  No.10 too.

But the thing that make me question whether we would be interested is that we already have very talented yougnsters of our own in Iroegbunam and Aaron Ramsey to come into the positions where Scott would be in contention to play, but he's definitely a very good player, and I wouldn't be complaining if we did try to sign him.

No details on why but he's been withdrawn from U20 World Cup squad, replaced by Xavier Simons, Simons has been given Chukwuemeka's 8 shirt, and Chukwuemeka has taken Ramsey's 10 shirt.

Not had much luck with our players and that tournament, Ramsey and Iroegbunam both miss out, and if it wasn't for Chrisene's injuries he probably would have had a good chance of going too.

I doubt it but would be good if he's going to Euros with U21s instead, main thing is hopefully he's not picked up another injury.

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, useless said:

No details on why but he's been withdrawn from U20 World Cup squad, replaced by Xavier Simons, Simons has been given Chukwuemeka's 8 shirt, and Chukwuemeka has taken Ramsey's 10 shirt.

Not had much luck with our players and that tournament, Ramsey and Iroegbunam both miss out, and if it wasn't for Chrisene's injuries he probably would have had a good chance of going too.

I doubt it but would be good if he's going to Euros with U21s instead, main thing is hopefully he's not picked up another injury.

I'm not gonna lie... My first thought was what you on about he plays for Holland

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He’d be around the preseason first team. Let’s hope he can prove himself to stay there for the start of the season 

Really hope he can stay injury free this year and kick on. I know he’s a different player to JJ but there are overlaps. Sometimes I watch JJ having his good games and wonder how any team would cope if they had two of him running at them. 

Would love him to be kept for the coming season and back up / compete with JJ on the left hand side of a 4231. 

Saw at Boro before the injury that he was starting to dominate games. As someone before said there are many differences but also similarities in their play. I think he will really push on this season . He has got it in his locker for sure. 

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Would love him to be kept for the coming season and back up / compete with JJ on the left hand side of a 4231. 

Saw at Boro before the injury that he was starting to dominate games. As someone before said there are many differences but also similarities in their play. I think he will really push on this season . He has got it in his locker for sure. 

Aaron would be more competition for Buendia in Emery's system though right?

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Aaron would be more competition for Buendia in Emery's system though right?

I guess so. But he can play all attacking mid positions. And i can see if we get Williams he would play the Bailey role and McGinn would be some kind of attacking mid 

• 1 month later...

Although he hasn't had a chance to do what he's good at in the final third in these friendlies, I've thought he looks pretty good in general play, you can see he's a good player, shows some nice touches and good play in tight spaces, battled really well against Walsall as well, I think if we see him on the pitch with mostly first team players around him we will see him doing even better.

Not that we need to read too much into these friendlies anyway good or bad, last season at first team level is where it counted and he showed what he can do, pre-season probably more about impressing in training.

I think another loan on the cards for him.

Showed some good flashes but the rotation card will have both his brother and imo - Buendia ahead of him in that left mid spot. Not sure how valuable it will be for his development to be third on the depth chart. 

If he's not ready for our first team then I don't think any of our youngsters are as he's probably the best of the lot, close between him and Iroegbunam, with Philogene not far behind, injuries have been his problem, I'd happily have all three involved next season, the good thing about them is that they can all play different positions, Philogene can play on either wing, as wing-back, or as a No.10, Aaron can play on either wing as either a wide forward or a wide midfielder, or through the middle as a No.10 or as an attacking midfielder, and Iroegbunam can play as DM, box-to-box midfieler, or a wide midfielder, there will be plenty of scope to give them game time across the four compettions we will be playing in.

Archer has earned his chance as well.

Edited by useless

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â