The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

On 28/10/2022 at 20:29, Rds1983 said:

I actually like butter... 

On toast or on a topping free jacket potato. Where it belongs. 

If people want to put it on a sandwich they're free to as that's their choice. 

It's the wrong choice and ruins the sandwich by making it taste of butter and not the fillings but it's their choice. 

Hang about, why would anyone ever eat a jacket potato without butter - topping or no topping, that potato is bland as **** without.

On 31/10/2022 at 07:33, sidcow said:

I never have and never will understand this argument that sausage or bacon sandwiches shouldn't be buttered. 

Agreed. It’s absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 07:47, OutByEaster? said:

I'm no on Sausage and Bacon, there's so much flavour in it already and it's plenty moist as it is.

A chip butty on the other hand is always a chip and butter butty - on that one it's a main character not a supporting role.

Fully agree , if you need more wet use the bacon dip on the bread 

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/11/2022 at 08:57, villa4europe said:

Yeah surely people are melting butter on to the jacket potato and then fluffing it up with a fork before putting the main topping on?

Its a must

Wee spoon out all of the potato and put the skins back in the oven to re crisp. Then mix up the butter, cheese or whatever in a bowl and scoop them back into the skins 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

From what I can tell the crime for gravy on fish is being shipped off to the colonies. Let that be a warning. 

It is appropriately where we traditionally send criminals. It's only right and proper :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â