Passing Time During The Pestilence

Xann

Not sure that the starlink launch is happening today as the web site has no updates that i can find

I have found this launch that is happening later today which can be watched 'live' at 14.14 UK time

The link below is the ula main site which is giving regular updates.

It is also on their youtube channel link added below.

https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/atlas-v-ussf-7

ATLAS V TO LAUNCH USSF-7

Rocket: Atlas V 501

Mission: USSF-7

Launch Date: May 17, 2020, at 9:14 a.m. EDT

Launch Location: Space Launch Complex-41, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida

Mission Information: A United Launch Alliance Atlas V 501 configuration rocket will launch the USSF-7 mission for the U.S. Space Force. In a show of national solidarity this launch will be dedicated to honor front-line responders and those affected by COVID-19. This will mark the sixth flight of the X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle (OTV-6).

Launch Notes: This will be the 139th mission for United Launch Alliance. It is the 84th for an Atlas V rocket and the 7th in the 501 configuration.

Launch Updates: To keep up to speed with updates, dial the ULA launch hotline at 1-877-852-4321 or join the conversation at www.facebook.com/ulalaunch, twitter.com/ulalaunch and instagram.com/ulalaunch; hashtags #AtlasV #USSF7 #SpaceForce #AirForce #AmericaStrong

Edited by imavillan
added youtube link
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, imavillan said:

Not sure that the starlink launch is happening today as the web site has no updates that i can find

Been going out with the kids to see the satellites some evenings , when the vis is good ... Friday night we got treated to a shooting star as we scanned the heavens 

Seems we may have a new hobby post lockdown to get them away from screens and phones (yay)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Been going out with the kids to see the satellites some evenings , when the vis is good ... Friday night we got treated to a shooting star as we scanned the heavens 

Seems we may have a new hobby post lockdown to get them away from screens and phones (yay)

check this out 

https://www.meteorwatch.org/

The International Space Station is visible in the UK in May

The website has details of times it should be visible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Worked out which was the north start, saw Venus earlier, Space Station about half an hour ago and 5 minutes ago saw the htv9 supply vehicle.

All visible with the naked eye.

Excellent evening.

htv9

EYfirJnXkAEl70j?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Judging by the what's your tipple thread, it appears that @Xela and @fightoffyour have polished off several of these during lockdown ;)

👏 Couldn't even recall posting in this thread so the notification was a surprise.

You're right though, it was a lovely New England IPA stacked with Galaxy hops htv9/10

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, choffer said:

I’ve started drilling holes in gin bottles and turning them into lamps. I am that bored. 

72567BAF-B5BB-4BCF-B9DE-46EADF0F082F.jpeg

289DB134-E73B-42BA-9A31-9BECAC17BCA1.jpeg

One of my old work mates used to do this in his spare time, he made a very good Olmeca tequila bottle light for me when I left. He used filled it with small white pebbles and attached a nice shade to it. Kept for years until a few weeks ago when it went to the great tequila bottle lamp pound in the sky. 

46 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

One of my old work mates used to do this in his spare time, he made a very good Olmeca tequila bottle light for me when I left. He used filled it with small white pebbles and attached a nice shade to it. Kept for years until a few weeks ago when it went to the great tequila bottle lamp pound in the sky. 

They’re a piece of cake to do. All you need is the appropriate drill bit and a kit you can buy for about 12 quid. 
Oh. And a bottle. 

Walked to the post office today from my office , it’s not far but I could have had a hair cut , subway sandwich  , purchased a bike , bought some flowers , had an ice cream and got a coffee from the various shops in the parade that were all open , was only the bookies and Nationwide that were closed  

seems I can pass my time during the pestilence in many ways now 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Walked to the post office today from my office , it’s not far but I could have had a hair cut , subway sandwich  , purchased a bike , bought some flowers , had an ice cream and got a coffee from the various shops in the parade that were all open , was only the bookies and Nationwide that were closed  

seems I can pass my time during the pestilence in many ways now 

I thought hairdressers were specifically told they couldn’t open?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I thought hairdressers were specifically told they couldn’t open?

Likewise ... guess they didn’t get the memo 

I’ve given myself a home grade 2 all over , he was outside his shop and asked me if I wanted a haircut , inference from that is that I did a shit job :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

Here we go, Bank Holiday Monday time passer if you are a animal lover, have kids or want a virtual day out.

Something totally different.

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/events/25-05-2020/sanctuary-from-your-sofa

SANCTUARY FROM YOUR SOFA
25 May 2020 - 10:00 to 16:00

It's been a while since our herd have had any visitors, so this bank holiday Monday,

Sanctuary From Your Sofa is back! Join us LIVE on Facebook or on this page from 10am (UK time) as we return to The Donkey Sanctuary Sidmouth - home to over 200 animals.

Pair of donkeys

We'll be meeting a whole host of familiar faces, learning more about them and hearing from the wonderful team who are continuing to care for them behind closed doors.

So sit back, relax and enjoy a day at the sanctuary from the comfort of your sofa.

Here's a look at what you can expect...

Schedule:

• 10am - Meeting the donkeys who live in the Sidmouth, Devon shelter
  • 11am - Live chat with Visitor Services Assistant, Dean Hancock, who will discuss the sanctuary's humble beginnings, compared to where they are now
  • 1pm - The charity's equine behaviour expert Ben Hart will chat about his role in the organisation
  • 2pm - A virtual visit to Miniature Mediterranean donkeys in their paddock
  • 3pm - The importance of keeping donkeys mentally stimulated will be discussed, and adoption donkeys Ashley and Zena will be taking part in enrichment activitie
  • Like 4

On Wednesday there is a spacecraft launch mission to the International Space Station with two Americans onboard.

This will be beamed live on NASA's youtube channel.

You will be able to watch the launch live and then a few minutes later see the spacecraft pass over the UK, subject to clear skies. 

Anybody who watched the Spacex launch a few weeks back and the saw it over the UK will tell you how cool it was to see. This will be even better giving it is a manned mission.

Enjoy........

All the details and a link to the youtube channel can be found on the link below

https://www.meteorwatch.org/crew-dragon-watch-the-launch-then-see-it-fly-over-uk/#more-9006

Crew Dragon Watch The Launch – Then See it Over UK

Crew Dragon – Demo-2.

During the Coronavirus lockdown many of the UK public have been looking up each evening to see Meteors, Satellites, Planets, The International Space Station and more. Many have acquired a new found love of the night sky.

If you have been joining in or even just started looking up, you are in for an amazing treat!

On 27 May 2020 at 21:33 UK time (20:33 GMT) A SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket will blast off from Cape Canaveral Florida

The mighty rocket will be carrying two Astronauts to the International Space Station inside a new Crew Dragon Spacecraft. This is the first ever commercial launch of Astronauts into space by a private company, SpaceX Crew Dragon Demo-2.

You can watch the launch live below. After lift off, you may be able to see the Crew Dragon spacecraft around 15 minutes later passing over the United Kingdom. An unmissable and historic sight!

The launch is planned for 21:33 UK time. This may change, so stay up to date on launch timings with @VirtualAstro on twitter and Facebook. @VirtualAstro will also post up to the minute alerts on spotting the Spacecraft as it passes over the UK and Western Europe.

Watch SpaceX Falcon 9 Carrying Crew Dragon Launch – Then Watch the Spacecraft fly over the UK!
If all goes to plan, the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket with the Crew Dragon on top and the Astronauts inside will launch safely on time.

The Spacecraft is carrying NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken. This will be the first historic commercial flight to the International Space Station since the Space Shuttle was retired. We should therefore see the Crew Dragon Spacecraft flying over the UK around 15 minutes after lift off.

https://www.youtube.com/user/NASAtelevision

Edited by imavillan
link to twitter added
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Xann said:

Enjoy the star watching whilst the clear skies last. Easyjet resuming flights 1st July as it stands.

I'm pretty sure they announced this as a bit of deflection from their massive data breach.

Great showing of the ISS tonight, really bright, and you could see the supply vehicle trailing behind it. They’ll have met up and joined up tomorrow so that was the last chance to see the chase, I was properly chuffed to have seen that. Such distinctly different colours.

Loved that.

I got this great photo, unbelievably, this was possible simply stood in a garden!

EY0WzRyXQAANpWN?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by chrisp65

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â