Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

Interesting move, I thought he may have been a home-grown CL squad filler. Suggests Archer and Zych may stay around to be 3rd choice in their respective positions to leave us with 3 HG players...

Guess he'll be sold next summer then...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Interesting move, I thought he may have been a home-grown CL squad filler. Suggests Archer and Zych may stay around to be 3rd choice in their respective positions to leave us with 3 HG players...

or we will only name Bidace and Archer as HG players.

He's not had luck with the sides he's joined in Championship. I think his time back with us training with First team will stand to him, he'll be a better player for it. 

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

or we will only name Bidace and Archer as HG players.

Zych is U21 so doesn't count. Philogene and JJ will. We'll have a squad of 24 which is plenty

Couldn't be bothered to look back through but I'm sure I've put several times over the years that I wanted him to sign for Preston. They've needed a wing back before the beginning of time so he should be a certainty to start most games. 

I expect Preston to do pretty badly this season so he'll be in a similar situation to Plymouth I think last year but hopefully another year of experience under his belt will help him stand out 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Grealish loan confirmed 😉

Really rate him and really wanted him to get a chance this season but maybe he isn't ready just yet. I just hope we don’t end up selling him. Hope he has a breakthrough season at Preston!

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He is probably a year behind Maatsen in terms of his development but it would be great if he can have a breakout season like Maatsen did at Burnley.

Very unlikely to happen. Maatsen was in and around quality that was too good for that league with a top coach in Kompany, the football they played allowed full backs especially to shine but they all dominated and a rising tide as they say. 

A different comparison I'd make is if KKH could mimic the season that Reece James had in 2018-19. He was 19 at the end of that season and won all the awards going for Wigan players, had an amazing season from RWB despite the team only finishing 18th. Even then though, they had Paul Cook who's brilliant for young players. Ryan Lowe I would say, is not. 

Maybe sending him to Preston was a bit of a questionable call in the wonderful world of hindsight. They'd lost 6 on the bounce at the end of the season,  and had had a few years of stagnation already under their manager.

Was he always a likely one to get replaced during the season if it looked like another season without progressing beyond mid table seemed on the cards? Even then, I doubt we (or anyone) expected it would happen this quickly.

Shame but hopefully whoever they bring in fancies KKH as much as Ryan did, and gives him plenty of game time.

You'd think an interim manager will go with the team that gives them the best chance of winning over any potential concerns about the long term development of Preston's own players. Hopefully then he gets picked in their next game to start and does well to give the new guy confidence to keep playing him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â