Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

37 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

V pleased for him but there’s a caveat: In this new world, I don’t think new contracts for young players mean as much. It’s more a case of ‘we’ll cash in on you if needed’. 

We're basically in the same place now as Chelsea were 15 years ago. Getting endless youth players to sign new contracts and then loaning them out a week later.

KHH would've done really well at somewhere like Burnley under Kompany imo so we need to find him a club in championship with attacking style, QPR under their new manager would be interesting aswell as they had some good wins to stay up.

He clearly wasn't ready last season to play in games that were in the balance so big season coming up if he still has ambitions to break into our first team.

Or he gets a move like Tim did.

Edited by VillaChris

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s a surprise, thought he was off!

Barely got a look in last season, maybe a decent loan move is lined up.

tbh, its called securing his value, many young players do it before they go out on loan.

(not saying he is, but it happens a lot).

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, its called securing his value, many young players do it before they go out on loan.

(not saying he is, but it happens a lot).

Yeah I think this goes into the “secure value” bracket rather than the “performance related new contract”. 

I think he will go out on loan now. Hopefully to the championship or even lower premier league. 

Given the swap values for academy players now,  makes sense to give new contract. Players wages gone up so he is happy and come next June if required, open up swap deal with another PSR at risk club. Clubs won’t be letting players contract wind down that can be used for swaps down the line until PSR is changed 

When did his existing contract run out and how long is this contract for?

I think the club feel he's not been given the chance to shine on his last loans to Championship. He might get to go on the US tour before going out on Loan or he might stick around for CL squad and then go on Loan in Jan

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd love if it was the case that the last 6 months has been spent preparing him for Emeryball and he can play more of a part this season. I'm insistent that he is a far more accomplished footballer than Cash and can improve us if given the chance. We'll see what happens.

I always liked his cameos, I think he’s going to surprise a few with his composure and flair. I’d rather he stick around in the short term. 

• Like 1

He's unfortunate in a way - he's an energetic, attacking full back who can dominate up and down the whole of his side of the pitch - with the pace and engine to get him into really advanced attacking positions and make him a real menace on the wing but still with the determination to get back and cover his side.

Which is exactly the player and tactics we use at left full back - and he's a right back.

Right player, wrong side.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's unfortunate in a way - he's an energetic, attacking full back who can dominate up and down the whole of his side of the pitch - with the pace and engine to get him into really advanced attacking positions and make him a real menace on the wing but still with the determination to get back and cover his side.

Which is exactly the player and tactics we use at left full back - and he's a right back.

We’ve brought a couple of wide left attacking players. Wouldn’t be surprised at some point if Emery switches the point of attack, and has the right full back to be the attacking one and be more solid on the left. Would really mess with the opposition approach to us.

Edited by mikeyp102

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

but then we have mings and pau who could play the LCB role but probably not as well as konsa plays it on the right

we have the CBs to switch it up but we seemingly never do, maybe illing Jr is part of that solution too, defence of mings pau konsa + KKH and then IJ on the left wing

Edited by villa4europe

Â