Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

Big fan of this lad. He is mature for his age and has shown leadership qualities during his youth team days.

I have had a little look on the Swindon forum and they are disappointed but some feel that he is not fully ready to make the step up due his inconsistent performance and his output of 1 goals and two assists in all appearances.

Gerrard wants his youth players to learn how the first team plays so they are easily integrated and may feel that Swindon do not play to a similar style as us. Therefore by recalling him Gerrard can take a closer look at him and send back to somewhere that is best suited to him or keep him here for the remainder of the season.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Great decision by the club. Wouldnt be opposed to have him on the bench vs utd. Cash needs competition and i think kesler has got bags of potential 

He is cup tied

Just now, Made In Aston said:

I wonder if his performance against Man City was enough to suggest to the coaching team that he was ready for the PL. 

I think he's ready for first team. No point loaning him out when we've no full back cover. Hopefully he takes Cash's place for next season in the first team

• Like 1

He performed to a really high level against the best side in this country the other night. We signed him up to a new long term deal early as the club knew what they had, he’s a leader on top of that. Very impressed with his development. Good call by the club imo. We need cover now for Cash, who isnt alien to hamstring injuries and suspensions. He can really push him now. Gerrard must be licking his lips at the talent we have coming through here. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Imagine he comes on for Cash and scores a last minute, winner. Try looking on the bright side.

I'm not normally glass half empty, just a shame to cut short a good loan spell. It was his tweet that concerned me mainly as he seems gutted 

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I'm not normally glass half empty, just a shame to cut short a good loan spell. It was his tweet that concerned me mainly as he seems gutted 

I think he's a genuine guy and has built an affection for the club, but what 19 year old would not be excited to come back to train with Coutinho, Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia and be coached by Steven Gerrard. 

He won't be coming back to not be involved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I suspect we've found him a higher profile loan

Yep, wouldn't mind him spending 2 weeks with us first though, let our new guys have a proper look at him then send him out with some instructions to his new team 

Can he play vs utd?! 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I get it. When you're that young you just want to play. I honestly believe we think he's ready to deputise for Cash. I think that Man City game confirmed what they all ready thought about this kids potential, at least I hope so, anyway. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

We had already agreed with Swindon to recall him prior to the City game. I work with a Swindon fan who said he started brilliantly but his performances dropped off a lot until the City game. Personally I don’t think he’s ready for the PL just yet but he’s definitely got a big chance of making it with us. Wouldn’t t mind seeing him go on loan to a Championship club, think playing at a higher level will benefit both us and him.

I have doubts that we're going to send him back out on loan, I'm not sure we'd take him from one where he's already settled and doing well to send him somewhere else and ask him to start again and half way through the season as well.

It kind of makes sense to call him back for our team, because we had a small enough squad as it is, now we've lost Tuanzebe and Davis, and a bunch of our other youngsters will be going out on loan in the second half of the season, some of whom we have been using as first team squad memebers, so there will be room for him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â