Match Thread: LCF: Villa v Man City

limpid

Just now, bretonvilla said:

Target actually looked at  Foden before he'd received the ball and still allowed him so much space. Can only see this repeating itself second half  

He's trying to not leave  huge gap between him and Mings, he needs help, AEG should be more alive in them situations

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

How?

Usually they go back over the build up to a goal and look for infringements.

Was it not a new phase of play? Officially speaking. I think they can't call something back from the last phase. Here phase x being the phase leading to the corner and phase x+1 being the taking of the corner. I'm not sure though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How is he supposed to mark a guy half a foot taller than him? Why was he even assigned to him?

Neville called Rodri one of the smallest men on the field. At least I think that's what I heard. He's spending too much time with Jamie Redknapp!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I don't blame the linesman for not seeing the corner but wtf is the ref looking at? 

His bank balance to see if the payment has gone through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

The entire VIP section empty when the 2nd half begins 🙄

Free bar at Wembley?

Actually not enough of a bar, so people in those lower tier seats are often still waiting for a drink when the second half starts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's not embarrassing. 

Its frustrating how easy we allow things at times but I think everyone would have taken being behind by 1 goal at half time. 

Although I would say the defending for the 2nd goal was embarrassing. 

Thankyou, agreed.

If we lose (IF) Man City will have won this cup 5 of the last 7 seasons.

Beating Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool in the finals of 3 of those. It's not embarrassing. They have an embarrassment of riches that has their team stacked in this way.

Hopefully we give it a good go in the second half. One goal down and in a final. No reason not to. Nobody expects us to win so nothing to lose.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Targett has to stick like glue to Foden. He's getting balls under no pressure whatsoever

Problem with man marking like that is that you compromise your shape. It’s tempting, but very risky.

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How is he supposed to mark a guy half a foot taller than him? Why was he even assigned to him?

I was going to say this earlier, but then I thought that what do I know.

Just now, Michelsen said:

We have to stop that left-right switch pass somehow. I haven’t a clue how.

There's nothing we can do about it. Make Targett stay wide and Aguero and Silva have more space, etc etc. You have to make a call where you're prepared to let Citeh hurt you, because they're on a different planet to us.

• Like 1