Weekends Football 28/29 February/1 March

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

We've picked up one point out of thirty against the current top eight.

One.

It’s an appalling record and goes beyond ability. It’s a mentality thing. We’ve been leading several of the sides and just collapsed to lose. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Well our next three fixtures are Leicester away, Chelsea at home and Newcastle away. 

we need to win two of those I’m afraid. 

Newcastle away is the one for me

Not giving up on anything, too much left to go but if we lose that then I'm worried 

Beat them and then they are right in the mix too

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It’s an appalling record and goes beyond ability. It’s a mentality thing. We’ve been leading several of the sides and just collapsed to lose. 

Arsenal was a shocker. They were injury hit, had no confidence, and 10 men. Shocking to lose that being 2-1 up in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Arsenal was a shocker. They were injury hit, had no confidence, and 10 men. Shocking to lose that being 2-1 up in the 2nd half.

Leading against Liverpool with 3 minutes to go, lost.

Leading Spurs with 15 to go, lost.

Leading Arsenal with 10 to go, lost.

Even holding on for 3 draws could be the difference between survival and relegation.

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Newcastle away is the one for me

Not giving up on anything, too much left to go but if we lose that then I'm worried 

Beat them and then they are right in the mix too

We can’t keep assuming “it will be alright at the end”

we have not performed well and There’s no way we can get to May needing 7 from the last three games. We won’t do that tbh.

The results after winning the cup game against Leicester have put us in a terrible position. The games against Bournemouth and Southampton were critical and we didn’t perform 

Edited by PaulC

The money and losing Grealish is gonna be the worst thing about going down, I can accept going back in the Championship no problem, but not with Smith. I like him alot, Villa through and through and all that, but he is just not ready. He has struggled all season to get this team performing consistently and has failed at every hurdle. Championship manager or not I want a change. We need to piss the Championship if we go down, an not with Smith.

The major draw back has been he cannot coach a defence for shit, the shots on target are shocking, an today will be proof again.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The money and losing Grealish is gonna be the worst thing about going down, I can accept going back in the Championship no problem, but not with Smith. I like him alot, Villa through and through and all that, but he is just not ready. He has struggled all season to get this team performing consistently and has failed at every hurdle. Championship manager or not I want a change. We need to piss the Championship if we go down, an not with Smith.

The major draw back has been he cannot coach a defence for shit, the shots on target are shocking, an today will be proof again.

How long has he been in management? 10 years?

When will he ever be ready?

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How long has he been in management? 10 years?

When will he ever be ready?

Maybe he won't. Hardly experienced enough for the prem, obviously not listening or incorporating Terry's experience either.

You cannot play his systems in the Premier League, how many times trying, stats don't lie, shots against are shocking. As much as we try and defend him, he hasn't changed since his Brentford days.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe he won't. Hardly experienced enough for the prem, obviously not listening or incorporating Terry's experience either.

You cannot play his systems in the Premier League, how many times trying, stats don't lie, shots against are shocking. As much as we try and defend him, he hasn't changed since his Brentford days.

Wilder is hardly experienced in the pl either.

Same with Nuno.

Experience isn't gonna magically make him better. That's such a overrated concept.

Bruce and Pulis are experienced but still pretty shit.

I agree with you regarding his style of play. But i think he is weak in his man management as well, doesn't motivate his players well. The line goes that a team is a big reflection of it's manager.

Interesting end to the game. VAR rules out injury time Everton winner, right call in my view. Ancelotti gets a red card after FT for confronting the ref.

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Interesting end to the game. VAR rules out injury time Everton winner, right call in my view. Ancelotti gets a red card after FT for confronting the red.

Right decision and one I wish they gave more often, man City vs us for example, its bollocks that you're in the 6 yard box but not interfering with play (even if de gea isn't getting there regardless) 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â