Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maresca seemed to say he should go on loan as needs to play

That's almost exactly what he said. You don't even have to read between the lines...

Carney is a very good player. The problem is, because of some injuries in the past, I think the best for him is to play 30 or 35 games in a row, to show himself that he is fit and how good he is. With us, is he going to play 35 games? I'm not sure.

It's hardly subtle.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Meh, He got a five year deal on £100K+ a week. That's over £25m guaranteed for him even if he never kicked a ball again. Impossible to turn that down when there was no certainty he was going to make it as a pro footballer. If he was offered similar by us then you could say he was badly advised but he probably wanted to move back to London too. 

Back to London? Wasn’t he based in Northampton ? I know he’s of Nigerian decent and born in Austria but he was brought up in Northampton 

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

That's almost exactly what he said. You don't even have to read between the lines...

It's hardly subtle.

I wonder if we'll ever get the full £20m for him?  If he goes out on loan, i guess that doesn't count to hitting the add-ons with Chelsea?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gordy said:

They told him he isnt getting in the team this season and has been training away from the 1st team.

Guess he didnt get his Chelsea minutes either.

Code for tell your agent to sort a move out for you.

• Haha 1

Turns twenty-one in just over a month, and only played about twelve games worth of senior football, which for someone of his talent and potential is pretty crazy, at the time of leaving us he was good enough to be a squad player for most teams in Premier League despite young age, and would have easily been a standout at Championship level, so that he's played so little is almost quite tragic.

Another way of looking at it, is that he's only played 183 more minutes of senior football for Chelsea as a now nearly twenty-one year old and after they paid £20m for him, than he played for our first team when he was still only eighteen, when he left us I doubt he was expecting to be a regular for them straight away, but also I think he would have been expecting to have increased his first team experience by more than he has done two years later

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Turns twenty-one in just over a month, and only played about twelve games worth of senior football, which for someone of his talent and potential is pretty crazy, at the time of leaving us he was good enough to be a squad player for most teams in Premier League despite young age, and would have easily been a standout at Championship level, so that he's played so little is almost quite tragic.

Another way of looking at it, is that he's only played 183 more minutes of senior football for Chelsea as a now nearly twenty-one year old and after they paid £20m for him, than he played for our first team when he was still only eighteen, when he left us I doubt he was expecting to be a regular for them straight away, but also I think he would have been expecting to have increased his first team experience by more than he has done two years later

God works in mysterious ways. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â