Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

On 19/02/2020 at 21:42, OutByEaster? said:

He's a big un for 16 and he's got a very good attitude - I've only seen him briefly, but he's positive and keen to get into games.

Hallelujah!!

• Like 1

On 20/02/2020 at 11:36, Mazrim said:

Spot on. They are exactly the model we should follow. So many good players fall through the clutches of bigger squads and if you have the guys that can spot them you're on to a winner.

We could really make our money talk here. Identifying the likes of Sancho, DeBruyne, Salah? etc as they become surplus, or the affordable gems that are on the way to becoming superstars - like Haaland, as well as getting the best youth players is the best way for us to get to the top.

That is the holy grail.

On 20/02/2020 at 11:56, Vive_La_Villa said:

Adama is the perfect example of that. Wish we had him now. What a player he has become. 

and very few of us could see it.

our problems over recent years have been very much in the "Here & now" and the presure to sustain a premier leagur place....so players like him, had no time to nurture and develop.

but you still need the right coaching to do it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? I think most of us could see it. I was desperate for us to keep him when we got relegated. 

I think many, thought he was a one trick pony with, no end product, when he was with us.

His pace was blistering, even with us....but little else.

I think if most could see it, he would have stayed, but the " Here and Now" kicked in once again and Albert was more established and thats what we went for.

Adama was a gamble, the powers that be, decided against......thats why decision making is paramount.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think many, thought he was a one trick pony with, no end product, when he was with us.

His pace was blistering, even with us....but little else.

I think if most could see it, he would have stayed, but the " Here and Now" kicked in once again and Albert was more established and thats what we went for.

Adama was a gamble, the powers that be, decided against......thats why decision making is paramount.

I always said he would end up at a top 4 club. He had all the raw ability and pace just not the football intelligence to go with it.  I’ve just tried to find his thread to see if I really did say what I remember saying but I didn’t have any luck.  Doesn’t seem to be in off topic. 

Anyway as mentioned previously he was most likely to sold to trim the wage bill. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I always said he would end up at a top 4 club. He had all the raw ability and pace just not the football intelligence to go with it.  I’ve just tried to find his thread to see if I really did say what I remember saying but I didn’t have any luck.  Doesn’t seem to be in off topic. 

Anyway as mentioned previously he was most likely to sold to trim the wage bill. 

If you thought all that, I commend you for your foresight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What actually happened is that he forced a move by refusing to get suited up for a game, because he didn't want to play in the Championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What actually happened is that he forced a move by refusing to get suited up for a game, because he didn't want to play in the Championship.

Ah then I guess he had to go. But we still took quite a hit on him in my opinion. 

To be fair the club was toxic. Can’t blame him for wanting out. You’d have to be desperate to move to Middlesbrough. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ah then I guess he had to go. But we still took quite a hit on him in my opinion. 

To be fair the club was toxic. Can’t blame him for wanting out. You’d have to be desperate to move to Middlesbrough. 

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but I do blame him for the manner in which he forced it.

Anyway, Carney Chukwuemeka, eh?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't blame him for wanting to leave, but I do blame him for the manner in which he forced it.

Anyway, Carney Chukwuemeka, eh?

To be fair he was just a kid.

But yeah let’s get back on topic. Where on earth has the other football Adama thread gone?

46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

disappointing that, really.

but we do need the right characters in the club....seems the timing was not right.

If it’s true what Dadster23 says that Chukwuemeka is an u16, I have no reason to doubt him, I saw Chukwuemeka make a very brief substitute appearance for our u18s against Chelsea u18s at Bodymoor Heath on 1 March 2019. Chukwuemeka has also played for England u17s so he is highly regarded 

29 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't know how old he is but his brother Caleb plays for Northampton Town as a striker he turned 18 in January, Carney used to play for them as well.

We bought Carney from Northampton Town when he was 12, I remember reading an article about it but I can’t find it now

Â