Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Reading OBE's recent insight into the pressure and influence of both family and church (Pastor) has made me wonder how CC will cope if he moves to another club, especially if he goes to another country. At the age of eighteen coming from a dominant patriarchal culture it will be a total change of lifestyle and he will probably need a lot of support.

I'm sure the club have talked to him about this, but I hope he's thought this through very carefully and has someone impartial to seek advice from.

It doesn't matter. Jesus will take the wheel

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How are people still debating whether it's about money or not, when people who would know more than us, have straight up come out and said it IS about money, over the last few days? Lol

Apparently we made him a great offer, and he wants it doubled.

I have no " vitriol" at all towards the kid, but I'm also tired of all the hyperbole and being held over a barrel for a kid who thinks he's already Paul Pogba and hyped by some fans as such.

We need to just get the best money we can for him, or he can continue to boss it against 16, 17 and 18 year olds at his level.

We have other players and youngsters who want to be here, we can concentrate on.

Also, a crucial thing which others have pointed out, is his agent coming out a year and a half ago and said he WILL NOT be signing a contract, so they've stayed true to their word.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Villa fans siding with the club on this.

"Apparently"

"He said"

"She said"

Let's be real, we don't know anything about this. The club has taken a fair approach, but let's not pretend we know more about this situation and about Carney than we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

After wasting a year of his development, sitting on the sidelines and maybe playing with the under 23's.

Can't see him getting a big offer after that, and I can't see Villa wasting time and resources for no return on someone who has yet to show their potential and is running down their contract when that time and effort could be focused on young players who have committed to the cause.

Basically sign now or **** off. We aren't someone's reserve choice anymore.

Yep. And probably not playing for any of our underage teams. Why would we do that.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Twitter rambles are saying Villa want £20m for Carney 

is that good? I have no idea with this market and for someone so young with so little experience 

I guess the market will set the figure. That will be an indication of how good he is perceived to be.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

is that good? I have no idea with this market and for someone so young with so little experience 

I saw £30m to arsenal last night with a weak link 

The world record transfer for an 18 year old is vincius to Madrid for £40m, PL record is the Portuguese kid to wolves, I'm sure the English 18 year old will be Bellingham and he was £25m (?) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The world record transfer for an 18 year old is vincius to Madrid for £40m, PL record is the Portuguese kid to wolves, I'm sure the English 18 year old will be Bellingham and he was £25m (?) 

So we should be expecting £40m 😉

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886smr5j777agi9bk5tgp

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wonder how long each of those had on their contracts at the time? 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Vinicius played quite a few games in Brazil I think? The Silva signing seemed risky/dodgy as ****.  

Bellingham I never actually saw play for Birmingham but I heard he used to look head and shoulders better than anyone on the pitch in most games.

I’d be surprised if we got anything like 20m for Chuk when he is free in a year. 

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I think that's incredible value for a player who has done pretty much nothing at top level. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think that's incredible value for a player who has done pretty much nothing at top level. 

I agree, but his perceived ceiling is high… so that’s where the valuation lays  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Vinicius played quite a few games in Brazil I think? The Silva signing seemed risky/dodgy as ****.  

Bellingham I never actually saw play for Birmingham but I heard he used to look head and shoulders better than anyone on the pitch in most games.

I’d be surprised if we got anything like 20m for Chuk when he is free in a year. 

Bellingham still looks head and shoulders above anyone most weekends at Dortmund, already got 15 England caps and if we didn't have Southgate in charge he'd have more and he'll have 15 more years of caps in front of him, he'll be a £100m player next summer back to the PL

He is a generational player 

He'd also be the worst example chuk and his advisors could look at when thinking of what he should earn and how much he should play, he's an exceptional talent not a measuring stick 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course he did, it was f**king Birmingham. 

My nan with her two metal hips and glass eye would look better than most of that lot on the ball. 

• Haha 2

Â