Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I assume an outsized say is coming from who is representing him right now. They will be in line for usually 10-15% of the total contract value. As they aren't proper representation from a professional they don't have multiple clients and thus multiple income streams. This is the only opportunity they will get to make a big chunk of money off Carney. So the normal way is agents know with young players there are improved contract offers than come with improved on pitch performances as the player gets more salary and the club protects their investment. That's why a contract when a player turns 18 isn't that important and the agent would advise the player as much.

The people representing Carney likely know they will only get one chance at a cut of money from Carney as he will get professional agents sooner or later as he himself grows up and gets talking to his teammates and friends etc. So to these people (his Dad or his Church or family friend or whoever) the size of the contract he signs now is absolutely critical to their own interests.

Yes. They are not thinking down the line. They want it now, but they may well be killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That seems the most logical conclusion. The club are used to dealing with professionals. I would imagine there is zero dialogue directly with Carney on this just his representation as it's cleaner way to do business and not impact a player mentally. 

Now we've unfortunately had to drag Carney himself into this as his representation are harming him and he needs to now get involved.

That's the thing with a lot of these churches, the pastors/priests of them are slimey. A few years back I worked on a project to help a few kids(teens) get into organised football that weren't able to, I worked with a church at the time and I saw how some of these pastors take full advantage of teenagers. Now this might not be all the way true with Carney but it's very common. There's a panorama about a church which I think has been shut down about how they take advantage of young people, it's an interesting watch if you or whoever were curious.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Strange thing is his brother has an agent and not represented by church or family member

Really?? that's a bit strange... I know they are two different people, but two football players that are brothers you'd think they may have the same reps.

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Really?? that's a bit strange... I know they are two different people, but two football players that are brothers you'd think they may have the same reps.

Was from the Livingston press release when he signed last January

“There is a host of individuals we have to thank for their help in getting the deal over the line – Steven Gerrard, Mile Jedinak, Aston Villa, Caleb himself and his agent Jason Green. All involved have shown their trust in Livingston FC to develop Caleb even further and we take great pride in bringing players in on loan with a view to sending them back to their parent clubs as better players.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-add-forward-ranks-signing-25924519

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Possibly his dad or someone from his church. Not to cause any offence to anyone that is religious, but churches and money never ever mix well. 

This man of god disagrees.

* Looks like a demon himself

Screenshot_20220714-141023_Edge-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Jesus (no pun intended) he looks like he owns a property in hell

Thought you would have known him 😂.

He blew " the wind of God " on Corona in 2020 to end it ( Whilst recieving a few million in donations as well )

The bloke is definitely a star Player for the Hellfire Team.  Lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thought you would have known him 😂.

He blew " the wind of God " on Corona in 2020 to end it ( Whilst recieving a few million in donations as well )

The bloke is definitely a star Player for the Hellfire Team.  Lol

🤣🤣 I just realised who it is now that you said that! 

He's a proper knob.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Good. Now to watch all these big teams fighting for his signature with competing bids. ££££££££££££££££££

Or he will just sit tight and go on a free anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How are people still debating whether it's about money or not, when people who would know more than us, have straight up come out and said it IS about money, over the last few days?

Who?

No one knows more than me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, John said:

Or he will just sit tight and go on a free anyway.

After wasting a year of his development, sitting on the sidelines and maybe playing with the under 23's.

Can't see him getting a big offer after that, and I can't see Villa wasting time and resources for no return on someone who has yet to show their potential and is running down their contract when that time and effort could be focused on young players who have committed to the cause.

Basically sign now or **** off. We aren't someone's reserve choice anymore.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

I've just done a bit of reading to remind myself of Carney's career and playing stats so far. 

He has played less than 300 minutes of PL football spread over 12 games.

During that time he's had four shots, no goals, one assist, and averages a rating of 6.2 per game. His work rate is described as medium.

The evidence of my own eyes tells me that he has good technique and a certain swagger in age limited games and looks good on the ball, but he's yet to impress me in the Premier League.

I don't doubt that he has bags of potential if he fully applies himself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Has his play, deserved any starts, when has been given minutes?

You have to earn a shirt.

despite all the platitudes and back slapping, where is the evidence, that he deserves a start?.......in place of who?

his whole journey,so far, has been potential......

I see no sound reason, in search of points to play him, in place of someone else.

He has to force his way in.......and he doesn't.

This.

He only has to look at Ramsey to see that if he puts the work in and he is good enough, he will get in the team and earn that improved contract. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just done a bit of reading to remind myself of Carney's career and playing stats so far. 

He has played less than 300 minutes of PL football spread over 12 games.

During that time he's had four shots, no goals, one assist, and averages a rating of 6.2 per game. His work rate is described as medium.

The evidence of my own eyes tells me that he has good technique and a certain swagger in age limited games and looks good on the ball, but he's yet to impress me in the Premier League.

I don't doubt that he has bags of potential if he fully applies himself.

It's a shame we didn't have 5 subs last year or a cup run.  You can tell he is itching to play football and has belief in his own ability, it's just hard for us to find regular action for him to develop, especially when we also have Sanson fighting with him for scraps, and also any player needs a run in the team to show their best rather than 20 minutes here and there.  It's why even if he hasn't signed the contract I would have still kept him round the team because who knows, he might well play more, play well and decide to stay on.

• Like 1

He's clearly got some potential, but I do think the hype is a bit much.I don't think he's played a good 45 minutes of football at a senior level.

It'd be a shame to lose him, but I'm not gonig to lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's a shame we didn't have 5 subs last year or a cup run.  You can tell he is itching to play football and has belief in his own ability, it's just hard for us to find regular action for him to develop, especially when we also have Sanson fighting with him for scraps, and also any player needs a run in the team to show their best rather than 20 minutes here and there.  It's why even if he hasn't signed the contract I would have still kept him round the team because who knows, he might well play more, play well and decide to stay on.

The Europa Conference League would be massive for us as a next step, easy to dismiss it as a waste of time but we have these guys itching to play and we could probably integrate 3 or 4 of them in those teams 

Sounds almost wrong to say it but the ECL could be better than the EL because the lower quality leans towards us playing more of the youngsters 

Arsenal could give saka, ESR, martinelli 6 to 10 games a year in those competitions at 18 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there stories about us brining in Caleb to make Chuk feel more comfortable/try to convince him to sign?

Either way I am comfortable from the little we know to believe the club has made attempts to get him signed (Oct 21 is a long time ago) and that for his own reasons Chuk is looking elsewhere. Seems the best for everyone that he moves on. West Ham having the same problem with that Perkins lad - it happens.

Its happened here before and it has worked rather well and sometimes rather less so😱

image.jpeg.73490357094f00d708a2c65f4bbdfdf2.jpeg image.jpeg.f2f79b3cbb35d2264e967fac53962d13.jpeg image.jpeg.d11caad5abef916bf8ac349c24409758.jpeg image.jpeg.2a6e5ddaa831fc6e73254d73fedb42f5.jpeg A special report on Birmingham City's history making Blues brothers -  Birmingham Live 

• Like 1

Reading OBE's recent insight into the pressure and influence of both family and church (Pastor) has made me wonder how CC will cope if he moves to another club, especially if he goes to another country. At the age of eighteen coming from a dominant patriarchal culture it will be a total change of lifestyle and he will probably need a lot of support.

I'm sure the club have talked to him about this, but I hope he's thought this through very carefully and has someone impartial to seek advice from.

Â