Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

why this needs spelling out to some people i really have no idea

Indeed. Over the last few months with rumours of him being a bit billy big bollocks and refusing to sign, I thought several posters were prudent to say we ought to ignore the media talk, and stop assuming the worst. The media make shit up all the time.

The developments in the last day go to show that the media talk wasn't without merit, though. Kid's clearly got ideas above his station. If he doesn't want to be here, **** him.

We should remain cordial, professional, and in accordance with his contract, but if the door hits him up the arse on the way out, I won't give a toss.

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed. Over the last few months with rumours of him being a bit billy big bollocks and refusing to sign, I thought several posters were prudent to say we ought to ignore the media talk, and stop assuming the worst. The media make shit up all the time.

The developments in the last day go to show that the media talk wasn't without merit, though. Kid's clearly got ideas above his station. If he doesn't want to be here, **** him.

We should remain cordial, professional, and in accordance with his contract, but if the door hits him up the arse on the way out, I won't give a toss.

How do we know if it’s the “kid” or his representatives being the “billy big bollocks” 

as far as we’ve seen, he hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’s being anything unprofessional or disrespectful.

this is just a contract dispute. Club offers X and he (and representatives) wants Z and Y isn’t ideal for either of them 

So time for the club to cash in, by selling him before it’s too late 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Now, here's the thing, if you have a young player and you think he's being poorly advised, by his father or a father figure in his church and you've been finding their approach to negotiation frustrating. When what they're doing isn't wrong for them, but it's not how most negotiations are done and you'd hope to be in a much clearer position right now than you are - then you'd really want to find a way to get that player into more professional representation.

But how do you persuade the player that his father or father figure isn't perhaps doing the right thing by him - especially when they've been attracting the attention of some big name sides - from his point of view; you're happy in your football, you have friends in your club, but your family aren't tied to the badge and there are lots of opportunities for you.

I think you look at the player's frustrations and your own - I'm sure he doesn't want all this fuss and attention, he's 18, he's just a kid getting into this, he's a humble churchgoing young man and I'm sure he'd like minimum fuss - that's not what he's getting, so you lean on that, you try to force an answer out of his representative for months, and then when nothing else seems to be working, you take away the most important thing in his life - football.

Carney Chukwuemeka will be at home right now, texting friends in Australia and having very serious thoughts about whether his dad or his minister are the best people to be looking after his career - now they might be doing a good job, but there's lots about this situation that isn't normal, that a big agency would try really hard to keep a kid away from - they'd have him tied up quietly into some deal or other before he gets all the noise, before all the social media name calling and all the trouble that comes with being a holdout player.

He's in a really awkward spot - he's poorly represented and he's forced the club into a corner - and yeah, Barcelona may well await, but a year is a long time for an eighteen year old to sit still because his dad has a business plan or his church needs a new roof and he'll know that the best way for him to develop is outside of the public eye, with the friends he knows care, somewhere settled. He'll be uneasy tonight.

His brother is another one he could be talking to about the situation as well, I think it puts him in a bit of an awkward situation too 

• Like 1

Young attacking CM won't listen to Steven Gerrard about his career.

I won't feel too much sympathy for him to be honest for dealing with some social media heat. Him and his agency have been putting him in the media spotlight for 3 years. No other 18 year old in the country (I.e. not Bellingham) gets the attention Carney gets. Very very maybe Harvey Elliot.

Some players get stick they havent asked for - and no player deserves it to be clear - but if you and your agent court it for 3 years, you can't be immune to the worse side of it imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

His brother is another one he could be talking to about the situation as well, I think it puts him in a bit of an awkward situation too 

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there stories about us brining in Caleb to make Chuk feel more comfortable/try to convince him to sign?

Either way I am comfortable from the little we know to believe the club has made attempts to get him signed (Oct 21 is a long time ago) and that for his own reasons Chuk is looking elsewhere. Seems the best for everyone that he moves on. West Ham having the same problem with that Perkins lad - it happens.

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Young attacking CM won't listen to Steven Gerrard about his career.

I won't feel too much sympathy for him to be honest for dealing with some social media heat. Him and his agency have been putting him in the media spotlight for 3 years. No other 18 year old in the country (I.e. not Bellingham) gets the attention Carney gets. Very very maybe Harvey Elliot.

Some players get stick they havent asked for - and no player deserves it to be clear - but if you and your agent court it for 3 years, you can't be immune to the worse side of it imo

He was only legally allowed sign a professional contract in 2020 which he did, a 3 year deal which he is honouring but the club are trying to break the contract not the player by getting him to sign a new contract

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there stories about us brining in Caleb to make Chuk feel more comfortable/try to convince him to sign?

Either way I am comfortable from the little we know to believe the club has made attempts to get him signed (Oct 21 is a long time ago) and that for his own reasons Chuk is looking elsewhere. Seems the best for everyone that he moves on. West Ham having the same problem with that Perkins lad - it happens.

its something that happens in Europe signing the brothers or best friends of players to keep them around. Milan quickly dumped Donnarumma brother when he left for PSG 

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Religion eh? The root of all evil, or is that money? Both?

I was just thinking the same thing, when religion and money unite you know there is no chance for commonsense thinking.

Him already having a brother at the club probably played into our thinking but Caleb is a genuinely good player in his own right, was being watched by a number of clubs other than us, at times was almost unplayable for our U23s last season. If he came through our academy and wasn't Carney's bruv people would be raving about him in the same way they do some of our other youngsters, I think this idea that we only signed him for Carney gets in the way of how well he's did for us last season.

Seven goals and five assists in nine appearances for our U23s in the league, and three assists in three appearances in the EFL Trophy.

Edited by useless

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the club are trying to break the contract

Utter bs. Negotiating or proposing a new contract is not getting anyone to break a contract. Carney has his "right" not to sign a new contract. Villa also has a right to fulfil the contract to the letter.

The interesting question is, does Villa have a fiduciary duty to the young man,

Is it only me that thinks this is really bad man management from Gerrard? This is the same player that Purslow said was the best player in the country for his age two years ago. What message does this present to the other youth players?

Not convinced this is a good move Stevie.

• Like 1

From what I'm reading/hearing from some of the podcasters who " know people " , he's recieved a VERY good offer, for where he's at, and he apparently wants double that.

Obviously could be nonsense...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â