Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They can before 2023 when the Chelsea buy back clause kicks in.  Same as Tammy at Roma, they have a buy back clause for £67m which comes into effect in 2023 also, but they could sell to anybody this season for as much as the like.

I don't know the specifics of the deal but I'd be very surprised if it was drafted that way. Take Dougie, for example - I don't think we could have sold him in the buyback period without first asking Citeh and, if there was a profit, they would have exercised their option first and then sold on presumably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't know the specifics of the deal but I'd be very surprised if it was drafted that way. Take Dougie, for example - I don't think we could have sold him in the buyback period without first asking Citeh and, if there was a profit, they would have exercised their option first and then sold on presumably.

Their may be other things inserted in the deal like that.  But in regards Chelsea, they usually have a sell on clause as well so if the player is sold before the buy back period kicks in, they still get something.

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

We could have sold him to United/ Arsenal for anything we wanted but City had first option with the buyback price they agreed

45 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I just read on a forum (from a guy with a stellar reputation) that he's signed a deal, so don't you guys worry now and start crying or anything.  I bookmarked it. 

#lapalikt ;)  ;)  ;) 

Another to be announced alongside Luiz, new signing and kit launch.  Our club know what they are doing! 

Edit: It will all happen on a Wednesday. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm pretty sure he'll sign. I heard something earlier in the week and I'm willing to stake my stellar VT reputation on it. 

Bookmark this post. 

spacer.png 

Unless it is on a Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm pretty sure he'll sign. I heard something earlier in the week and I'm willing to stake my stellar VT reputation on it. 

Bookmark this post. 

Lost faith in you after yesterday 😔

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe if Dougie is moving on  it can free a space and we can offer assurances to Carney and get him to sign.  I would like to think Carney has a much higher ceiling too.

He'd definitely need it.

He must be about 3 foot taller than Luiz on the VT height scale.

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe if Dougie is moving on  it can free a space and we can offer assurances to Carney and get him to sign.  I would like to think Carney has a much higher ceiling too.

Carney is already better than Luiz...... 

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It possibly could, and very well.

Would need to see alot more " work rate " than what I saw in cameos though.

However I'd have to revisit my earlier point.

This would require fans to temper expectations and have patience for the " greater good ".

What if it eventually turns out he actually isn't ready yet, OR it takes him time to get up to full speed, and results suffer due to guaranteeing him starts to keep him, who takes and/or gets the blame?

Obviously it's the Manager who would, and probably by the same people who called for this.

As @TRO says it's a difficult one, and will probably require a leap of faith from both parties IMO.

Thing is Shaun, we can't have the tail wagging the Dog.....even though, we all want him to stay with the club.

As you allude to, SG has to stay in his job and winning games is not easy, in this league.

this coming season, we must keep the ball more and not give it away so cheaply......control the middle with authority.........young players in particular are suseptible to giving it away too easily.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â